1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Shipping Update

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Coby Robo 3D, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Coby Robo 3D

Coby Robo 3D Administrator
    Staff Member

Hey Backers,
    Just wanted to let you all know what has been going on here at the RoBo 3D HQ.
    The first printers have been shipped and thank you all for the feedback. We are using this first batch to get good insight on what to do and what not to do with packaging and all.
    We want to get you back in the loop of when the rest of the printers will be shipped. As for now, we are getting another air shipment of 50 encasings to us which should be here in a couple of days. These will be going out as we are tweaking minor things like cable wrapping.
    The remaining encasings and parts are en route via boat and should be here in 3 to 4 weeks. Once this shipment arrives, we will be jet-setting your RoBo 3D Printer out of here as fast as we can. Luckily, we are able to prep all of the printers before the big shipment of encasings come in, so it's just drop and plug them in, and send em' out the door.
    Some shipping estimates till the last printer is shipped out -
    Optimistic end of august
    Pessimistic end of september

Filament is on sale from our website and the reviews on it are great so far! Check out the estore here
    For some cool picture updates be sure to like us on Facebook
    Check out the forums to talk with the RoBo 3D community
    For those who want to get a head start on you printer assembly, check out some assembly videos on our YouTube page here
    **If you are an international backer, you will be responsible for duties and taxes upon importing. Please message us on Kickstarter for any special instructions you might have for your shipment.
    Today is a great day for science...
    RoBo 3D Team

6 people like this.
  2. AutopsyTurvy

AutopsyTurvy Active Member

Thank you for the informative update! This is the kind of concise but useful information I think a lot of us have been hoping for. Much appreciated!

2 people like this.
  3. Bucky

Bucky New Member

Thanks for the update. Was just wondering what "The first printers have been shipped" means quantity wise. I was under the impression from earlier updates and Facebook pics that 50 cases had arrived. Was that enough for delivery for all the earlybird specials slated for March delivery?

4. Matthias

Matthias Member

Thanks for the update, much appreciated.

5. bringjustn

bringjustn Member

So if I am an optimistic pessimist I should see my printer in the middle of August. I just hope the ship isn’t delayed by customs, or attacked by Godzilla, or hit by a storm and the container falls off the ship.
    Thank you for the quick update, it gives hope that things are still chugging along, now to start figuring out how much filament to order.

6. ponwer

ponwer New Member

Hey Coby. I was wondering the lead time for regular buyers. I ordered mine in June. Can I expect to see it in September or earlier? Thanks!

7. wrdutcher @gmail.com

I ordered my printer last Friday 7/6 and the estimated delivery is September after the kickstarters are fulfilled. If that helps.

2 people like this.
  8. Chris Kucsera

Chris Kucsera New Member

I ordered mine in March (missed the kickstarter), and my estimated delivery was August.

I wonder why the encasements can't be built with ROBO printers. They could build them in sections and epoxy them together. Or ship them as is and let the buyers glue them.

CK

9. Kiah

Kiah New Member

Quality would be too low, amount of work needed would be too high, cost of raw material would be too high.

But it's the thought that counts!

10. Chris Kucsera

Chris Kucsera New Member

Too bad. They could have almost produced the first Von Neumann printers.

CK

11. Electrocutioner

Electrocutioner New Member

Spincast abs or acrylic would have been the way to go, but that tech is not very mainstream so I don't blame them for going injected thermoplastic.

12. Seshan

Seshan Active Member

Spin casting for something so large? I didn't know they did that.

13. Electrocutioner

Electrocutioner New Member

Hell they make kayaks here using that method, ive also seen car panels done that way as well.