1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

JDM_'s RoBo 3D

Discussion in 'Show and Tell' started by JDM_, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Seshan

Seshan Active Member

Hows the diameter consistency on it?

2. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

hey make sure you let us all know how it works, looks good , how uniform is width, density, smoothness

3. JDM_

JDM_ New Member

Diameter consistency is same or better than the Octave filament Ive been printing with.... I havent got a strand as long as a single spool yet.... But I've only run it once...

4. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

also extrusion rate

5. JDM_

JDM_ New Member

Not sure... I will let you know after i fire it up next time... next couple days or so...

6. JDM_

JDM_ New Member

Moved RoBo to new home in garage.... Testing new spool holder/moisture barrier.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373474078.977222.jpg

4 people like this.
  7. Harry

Harry Team ROBO 3D
    Staff Member

Nice JDM_!

8. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

Very very nice One question and it is only a little one I sometimes notice that my filament seem to get jammed up on the spool in places while it is unwinding and being used have you done anythign to help eliminate this issue in your setup. I have noticed only where the filament is at a a point where it is unspooling filament against one of the sides of the spool

9. JDM_

JDM_ New Member

Mine has done this too. I think it is because when pulling the end out it crosses under another loop. What I did is make sure it hasn't by pulling out a couple feet then putting it through the hole in my box which prevents it from getting crossed up again.

The first time I printed after putting the filament in the box it was crossed and i had to stop the first print. I went in and untangled it then put it through the hole then wound to spool back up a bit. The filament is now feeding properly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

10. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

For me the crossing under was not easily found and worked ok at the outset then slowly tightened up to the point where it had to be cut because it had become so buried by all of the crossover that had increased each revolution of the spool. Was hoping it was not an ongoing issue but isolated. Sadly, your experience shows otherwise, have to keep a lookout for it now.

11. JDM_

JDM_ New Member

I'm on my second print without issue since moving to the box. Having it hang on to the tip of the filament when I change it out prevents it from doing that springing action that causes it to get crossed up....

I'm doing my first print with Filastruder filament... 100 microns... looks awesome so far.

12. fabrice

fabrice New Member

Hello on hairspray, you have a link to buy? I'm France, y there a better brand than others? Must apply directly to the boro glass for PLA,

Cordially

13. JDM_

JDM_ New Member

They must sell hairspray in France. Not sure you need this particular brand. I'd try your wife, girlfriend or sisters before paying shipping to France for hairspray.

Aqua Net Professional Hair Spray, Unscented, Extra Super Hold 7 oz
    http://amzn.com/B000GCWKHI

14. JDM_

JDM_ New Member

Well I woke up to a malfunction. Some because the print quality was great. I have a feeling a kink in the Filastruder filament caused this.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373546457.312177.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373546470.419229.jpg

3 people like this.
  15. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

can't really tell what happened I though that was some kind of lamp cord but those are the hobbed indentations right I just can understand how that much material could have gotten to the point where it made contact with the hobbed area yet did not go through I could see a small section but not that large.

On a more light hearted not would it be possbile to get the .stl for that clown he is pretty neat.

16. fabrice

fabrice New Member

Hello, merçi still impossible to order for delivery in France on amazone.Je will look in store France, strong lacquer you recommend?

cordially

17. JDM_

JDM_ New Member

Jeff ill post it when I get to my home computer or just search clown bust on thingiverse.

Printer back up and running.

18. JDM_

JDM_ New Member

Printer back down. Lol.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373590508.351288.jpg

19. JDM_

JDM_ New Member

1st print with new E3D hotend. 5mm step cube.

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  20. Seshan

Seshan Active Member

Looks awesome, I've been thinking about getting one. what are you using on your glass?