1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Herringbone gears and 20mm cooling fan. Sweet.

Discussion in 'Show and Tell' started by Ben R, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Ben R

Ben R Active Member

So quiet..So very quiet. and my retractions actually mean something now. It did, by matter of gear ratio bring me down to the 525ish Esteps per mm, but that's still plenty of room for fine tuning. But retractions go "verp verp" instead of "clack clack".
    Printing a cover for the fan. Which is sillyconed on due to some differences in hole size between the fan and the cooling duct.
    And nothing like clear PET for both sound mitigation and eerie glow.
    Printed someone's filament cooler.. didn't fit... but that's next.
    IMG_1316.JPG

#1 Ben R, Feb 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2015
  2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Lol this makes me laugh

3. AJinFLA

AJinFLA New Member

Hi Guys I have a January 15' used model, the seller gave me a set of the herringbone gears, the extruder gears center is a hair small as noted in this items description, my center has a car 5 spoke looking center not like the pic here or their. The bigger gear is smaller than the original and the smaller gear is now bigger. Is this the same/correct one I want for this self leveler system, trying my 1st print and I don't think I had the filament in correctly and I had order the new hobbed bolt and am just about to put the gears on. I'd very much appreciate your help Ty AJ

4. Ben R

Ben R Active Member