1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

printing speed test...

Discussion in 'Show and Tell' started by Ben R, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Ben R

Ben R Active Member

which one was printed at 7200mm/min which was printed at 3000mm/min
    (shape difference is simply not being square to the camera)

They're different, and the 7200mm/min is "worse", but depending on the purpose, not substantially different. Mind you, this is with stock hexagon and x axis mounted extruder.

Attached Files:

rabu likes this.
  2. Ben Lindstrom

Ben Lindstrom Active Member

If I had to guess.. The rabbit on the right.. The ears are slightly deformed and I see slight "hair" coming off it.. That would be my 7200mm/min guess.

But I have to say it looks like it would be good for any non-mechanical parts.

mark tomlinson likes this.
  3. Ben R

Ben R Active Member

Yup. Not intending to be a game... Just surprised at the lack of makor difference. And that is simply turning the speed knob, no tuning for speed

4. CoreyTheWolfTWC

CoreyTheWolfTWC New Member

Very impressed! Finally encouraged me to print at higher speeds than default lol

5. milks

milks Member

Would be good to see similar tests but covering trickier prints; I'd have thought the differences might become apparent when printing tall and/or thin objects since the bed moves in the y axis there could be excessive wobble. Also objects with more surface detail are likely to suffer more ringing (though this could potentially mitigated with the right acceleration settings, I've never really played with these)

6. NFOsec

NFOsec New Member

i agree, basically, you can get overruns when it moves too fast and doesn't shift. In my desktop CNC router that causes great damage to materials I'm routing, but in the world of 3D printing, it's the rings or excessive threads I'd expect to see.

rabu likes this.