1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Update August 19th

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Coby Robo 3D, Aug 19, 2013.

1. bringjustn

bringjustn Member

Thanks for the update.

Have the guys bring back some of the printers as carry on's. And at any layover spot, local backers can meet them at the airport to pick theirs up (yes I know this would never work, but it is nice to dream)

3 people like this.
  2. David Mortlock

David Mortlock Active Member

Shanghai to San Diego is a direct flight so probably no layovers.

Certainly wouldn't be coming by the UK so it would be just a dream.

Anyway, I don't think you would get a printer as carry-on :)

3. ponwer

ponwer New Member

I hope I get mine in October! I'm #1313!

4. Alex Moule

Alex Moule Member

Is there any idea when the May pledges will ship? At this rate it's looking like I won't get my printer til next year!

3 people like this.
  5. David Mortlock

Coby was saying they have got the Boro glass in now and they are shipping printers every day. Didn't say how many though.

The other two gents are now in China where there are about 500 printers ready to ship. All they have to do is check them over and arrange shipping. May take a little while but shouldn't be too long.

By my reckoning they may well have all the KS backers shipped by end of September.

3 people like this.
  6. Allen Morrow

Allen Morrow New Member

I think it's about time you guys send out a solid update and stop tiptoeing around what has been or has not been accomplished. I am a March backer and haven't seen or heard anything from you guys. Just how many printers have been shipped and how about some solid dates for the tiers? I won't you guys to be a success but if you still haven't filled your first months backers there can't have been many printers shipped. Can you please post a new update with some real numbers?

7. David Mortlock

@Allen

If you are a backer for an ABS printer then that is why you have not had anything yet. They have decided to upgrade all ABS printers with Boro glass and they only received this a few days ago.

Up till now they have been shipping PLA printers.

8. keraynopoylos

keraynopoylos New Member

Which means that the few March backers that are left, should be getting an email with a tracking number within the next 1-2 days.

Lets see if it happens...(wanna bet?)

9. David Mortlock

I am not betting

10. obzelite

obzelite New Member

i'll join the chorus for an update, i'm an april back for a pla model and have heard nothing.

i get the feeling you are overwhelmed, way behind schedule and things aren't improving. keeping quiet about it isn't making the situation any better.
    please don't try the we are too busy to do an update, i'm busy myself running my own business and have the time to come here and bitch and moan, so 5 mins on an ipad while your taking a dump should not be an issue for you.

11. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

What do you want them to say "We're still projected to ship all printers by end of september like we said and we started shipping out consistently in the end of august"?

I mean yes it sucks their initial estimate was so far off, but it was just an estimate after all, a hope, a dream, an ideal. I think anyone who works in industry can understand that things take time, suppliers fall through, difficulties happen. Being 6mo late isn't that big of a deal in the long run, especially when it was a HIGHLY ambitious goal from the start (see the buccaneer for an ideal for a more realistic launch schedule, 9 months after ending).

I know it's hard. It's killing my ability to rapid prototype for personal work. That's how the ball rolls though. We just have to wait for it to stop and all will be right in the world.

12. Leon Grossman

Leon Grossman Active Member

Mike, obzelite was in April. Ben just got his tracking number and he was in July.

Don't pretend all is right in the world when the team can't seem to make two ordered lists (PLA/ABS) and follow them.

13. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

All will be right when you get your printer. Until then all I ask is that we stop being whiny. It's really destroying any atmosphere that could have existed on these forums. Let's just be constructive in our considerations. Requesting insider information is not constructive. Any real company would never even consider telling people their insider business. The fact that they try at all is enough for me. Though I'm easy to please apparently.

I've said it 100 times. Come october 1st no word and no printer I'll be up in arms. Until then they haven't lied to us or given us any reason to distrust them. Just TRUST they will get you a printer, and your printer will come in due time.

14. Ben Lindstrom

Ben Lindstrom Active Member

*cough* You are taking my comment out of context. I'm an April ABS.. I *ORIGINALLY* was a July ABS.

Please watch context.

3 people like this.
  15. obzelite

obzelite New Member

as per the kickstarter page, how hard is to ship to ppl in the correct order. Its great they are making ABS orders, but they still haven't shipped all the PLA machines for the previous months order.

25 backers *Early Bird Special* fully assembled Mar 2013
    20 backers non-assembled Mar 2013
    2 backers fully assembled Mar 2013
    45 backers fully assembled Mar 2013
    35 backers non-assembled Apr 2013
    125 backers fully assembled Apr 2013
    170 backers ABS KIT FULLY ASSEMBLED. May 2013
    125 backers fully assembled May 2013
    100 backers non-assembled May 2013
    53 backers non-assembled Jun 2013
    67 backers fully assembled Jun 2013
    100 backers ABS KIT FULLY ASSEMBLED. Jun 2013
    150 backers ABS KIT FULLY ASSEMBLED. Jul 2013

16. Delphy

Delphy New Member

obzelite, those numbers aren't indicative of the lists though - as an example, I am one of the last April backers, but I did an upgrade to ABS, so I'm one of the 125 fully assembled backers, I just happen to also have ABS too.

17. obzelite

obzelite New Member

so that even more reason i should have mine, i'm sure a bunch of ppl upgraded. so the only machines they could make would be PLA. by there own reports of sending machines out they should have done all of the mar/april PLA machines now.
    so something in the way they are sending them out is out of whack to the dates. even if its a month or two behind it should still follow the timeline of first ordered should be getting machine first.

18. keraynopoylos

keraynopoylos New Member

Still, they are shipping with no regard to tiers.

(As everyone knows by now since I have repeated it 100 times by now) I'm March ABS backer and I have not received any email with tracking info. So they started shipping April ABS before finishing with March ABS.

I honestly don't see how Mike believes it's wrong to demand that the tier system is respected(and it doesn't have to do with not having the boro glass any more).

Having said that, I'm glad you're getting yours and I hope you enjoy your printer..!

19. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Probably because I ordered 45 minutes before the kickstarter ended. So the arbitrary tiers doesn't mean much to me.

20. Leon Grossman

Leon Grossman Active Member

My mistake. I misunderstood the shoutbox post...