1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Update August 19th

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Coby Robo 3D, Aug 19, 2013.

1. David Mortlock

David Mortlock Active Member

Get ready then because if they are shipping the Chinese printers to the US before they then send them out to backers you have no chance of getting it before October.

They then have to have the whip round to raise the $500 for shipping to London, England.

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Well he did say information. Hopefully they find a more reasonable shipping method so they're not losing $400 due to bad estimated shipping.

If the Chinese manufacturer is able to ship the 500 printers this week then they should be state side in 2 weeks (I'd hope) which puts them into a time crunch to get those 500 ready for domestic and international shipping in the last week of September, putting our arrival at the first week of October or so.

Update by the weekend will hopefully clarify all this in more detail.

3. David Mortlock

Are you honestly telling us that it costs $500 to ship a printer to the UK. I find that difficult to believe.

4. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

I do too. But if you account for insurance, shipping, fragile handling, and customs fees, the cost can add up quickly. That said I wouldn't be shocked if someone honestly wanted $500 to ship it, but I also dislike most carriers.

I feel like $100-150 is probably the expected shipping.

5. David Mortlock

But I will pay customs fees this end, won't I. That should not be covered by RoBo3D.

6. SPyKER

SPyKER Active Member

I'm not telling anyone what to do with their money. I had money to speculate with, according to the rules of Kickstarter, and have done so. The only thing I am stating is that others need to understand what they agreed to before they make demands on the project team.

7. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

I don't know about shipping costs. Forget I ever even said that thing in the shoutbox.

8. David Mortlock

Forgotten already ;)