1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

China Business Trip and More!

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Coby Robo 3D, Sep 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deadwood

Deadwood Active Member

"Shipment count should be around 300,
    We are making room for the shipment to come in our warehouse so that takes a little time to rearrange,"

I am not twisting anyone's words, if the 300 where the ones being made in house why would they need to make room and ship them to themselves? I was merely pointing out that firstly we are to;d 500 printers are on route from China then we are told its 300 so which is it. I ordered my printer in July after the kickstarter so will probably be one of the last to get it so if it take s approx 30 to ship and its only 300 then thats at least another 30 days if mine is in the next batch

2. bringjustn

bringjustn Member

From my understanding they were saying:
    300 Printers have been shipped out to backers.
    500 Printers are on the way from China.
    They are building printers in house, so to be able to have room for the influx of 500 printers they probably have their build area spread out for ergonomics and to be more productive.
    As to your printer, who knows how long that will be since we don’t know how long it will be until the finish all the printers for the kickstarter campaign.

3 people like this.
  3. Doug Hopkins

Doug Hopkins New Member

"Shipment count should be around 300,
    We are making room for the shipment to come in our warehouse so that takes a little time to rearrange,"

A container is 40x8x8= 2560 cuft
    Printer packaging approximately 2x2x2 = 8 cuft
    2560/8 = 320

Deduction: About 300 for the first China shipment. 500 may be ready but they gotta maximize the shipping efficiency for cost effectiveness.

4. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

There's 500 coming from china.

They have shipped out 300ish from San Diego.

2 people like this.
  5. Rob

Rob New Member

March, fully assembled, ABS upgraded kickstarter backer here.... STILL waiting for my printer. At least I got a reply in comments of the last kickstarter update stating that I should be in line for mine shortly.... If only they'd say how long that line is.... :(

6. Alex Moule

Alex Moule Member

I'm a May backer and TBH I'll be bloody amazed if my one arrives this side of 2014.

Absolutely flipping staggered in fact.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.