1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Why do I get these lines on the side of my print?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by zenekNY, Sep 14, 2015.

1. zenekNY

zenekNY Member

I finally received my new couplers, and I gotta say that I'm not too crazy about them. After mounting them on the stepper and giving the stepper a whirl, it still wobbles a bit. The shaft on the stepper is perfectly straight and it seems like the 8mm hole is not exactly center. I shimmed it a little bit with an aluminum foil that I folded few times and that took some of the wobble out. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443014556.630819.jpg
    Still with improved results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Might be time to upgrade to integrated lead screws if that's not up to standards

3. zenekNY

zenekNY Member

The current outcome is not horrible, I could sand the ridges off and give it a coat of paint and it will look great. I plan on investing in few more things for the printer eventually, but I'll probably hold on until I learn more about the 3D printing. I need to practice my 3D designing skills and I also postponed my arduino project which I need to come back to.
    I plan on upgrading 3 things:
    - lead screws upgrade
    - E3D v6
    - simplify3d software
    Can you suggest which one should I do first? I think that I need to outgrow the Autodesk 123D first though.

4. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

lead screw. The E3Dv6 really isn't worth it unless you're printing a lot of flexible materials. Simplify3d is great though, but it's only worth it when you're getting good prints.

zenekNY likes this.
  5. zenekNY

zenekNY Member

Alright! Lead screw it is then! Thank You for all help Mike

6. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Boom!
    True dat.

Generally speaking a new slicer will not solve more fundamental issues with the printing.

zenekNY likes this.