1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

My first project is to fix the printer itself. I am a total newb and hope someone can help me

Discussion in 'Show and Tell' started by Pandariot779, Dec 1, 2015.

1. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

You know, maybe you are right. Come to think of it, I never did do a M119 when I had endstops. I have just been using it when calibrating my IR sensor. So maybe it is triggered and then the inverse logic in the firmware waits until it is open. That makes sense.

So are you using the new endstop brackets that came with the kit? If so, try putting the old bracket back on. I still think that at times the new ones interfere with allowing the x axis to move up and down during homing and autolevel. Just something to try. You really should have both endstops in play for proper sensing of level for those spots where the left side would lift first.

If that isn't it, could you take a small video of what the left side is doing?

2. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

No, that is not how Marlin works, it takes into account the switch logic with M119. If Configuration.h is set up properly and you are wired to N.O. and COMMON on the switch the Triggered response only comes up when it actually hits the endstop, if you are not at the endstop and it says Triggered then there really is an issue. unplugging the switch didn't fix it at all, it just removed the warning. No sensor, switch in this case, no warning.

danzca6 and mark tomlinson like this.
  3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Bingo. Triggers when one of the switches is CLOSED.
    Either one... which is why you do the paper leveling to insure that they are wanting to trigger close to the same point.

4. danzca6

Thanks @WheresWaldo for clarifying. I thought it was odd. Endstops are cheap and maybe the one he had on the left is faulty. I know if they aren't crimped correctly or soldered, than they could become loose and give a false reading. So glad to no longer have to deal with z endstops. Just having one I know wasn't going to be a good thing. Maybe he can supply a picture or short video to see what is happening to where the left side of the x axis is hanging up on him.

5. Pandariot779

Pandariot779 Member

i fixed it. i just had to level the rods. the printer is printing fine now. so far ive been printing small objects but when i get to larger objects the object that is being printed will slide off the printing bed.

do i need to use hair spray or raise the temperature?

6. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Depends on the material.
    Hairspray can't hurt.

7. Pandariot779

Pandariot779 Member

i am using pla.it just silly to see the entire print slide off the print bed during mid print hahha

8. danzca6

I use Aqunet Extra Super Hold...straight from the 80's big hair band days. I use a piece of paper to shield the moving bits of the printer while I spray a thin coat on the bed while it is heating up. I then fan the paper from inside of the print area out to make sure the overspray is at a minimum. By the time the bed and hot end get to temp, the hairspray is dry and ready to print. Gives a good bond for everything I have done with PLA. Just remember to get on a schedule of cleaning off the bed every week or two so you don't get a buildup of spray. I also only spray in an area close to the size of the part and I don't always spray for each print if the prior print was small and the surface still looks good on the bed.

9. Pandariot779

Pandariot779 Member

jeeze, i feel like there is one problem after another. after i start a print and the printer finishes auto leveling this error code appears in the terminal, anyone have any idea what could be the problem?

"printer error: fix it them use M999 to reset it"

10. Pandariot779

Pandariot779 Member

here is the problem. I am printing with pla at 190 degrees and the leveling is perfect as well as the off set but there is an pla leak somewhere which i can not find.

the reason why my print slides off is because a glob of pla is built up some where in the hotend then falls on the object that is being printed. the nozzle then catches it and drags the object off the bed... lol

i cant find the leak and am afraid to tighten the nozzle more .

Attached Files:

11. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

TEMP FALL error as a total wild assed guess? you need to read the entire comm log to find the start of the error.

12. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

The hexagon has often been shipped without being properly tightened and the leak is between the heat break and the heater core.

13. Pandariot779

Pandariot779 Member

the core? as in the heat sink? or the heat block

14. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

15. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

The heat break is the little pipe you see connecting the heat sink and the heater core.