1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Cancel my order

Discussion in 'Requests and Suggestions' started by ponwer, Oct 18, 2013.

1. ponwer

ponwer New Member

I wish to cancel my order and get a refund. #1313 pm me if more information is needed.
    Thank you

2. Seshan

Seshan Active Member

Did you try emailing them?

3. ponwer

ponwer New Member

Already tried that...

4. Harry

Harry Team ROBO 3D
    Staff Member

Hey Ponwer, saw your request in the technical support area. Sent it over to the team to take care of.

3 people like this.
  5. ponwer

ponwer New Member

Thank you Harry, I appreciate you helping me out.

6. Sebastian

Sebastian New Member

Hey harry, same problem here !

7. Ross

Ross Member

I too would like to cancel and receive a full refund including the extra amount I paid for shipping.

Order #657

8. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

9. Ross

Ross Member

I sent an email through there yesterday.
    I will see if I get a response.

Thanks Mike

10. Chas

Chas Member

If you don't mind me asking, why are you guys canceling?

11. Ross

Ross Member

I have just chosen that in at this point in my life, I will be able to put the money which was expendable when I paid for the printer to better use.

Since I have not received the printer yet or a tracking number.
    It should in theory not be difficult for them to refund my money and reuse the printer for another buyer.
    Considering how well Robo3D is going, that should not be a problem.

12. Ross

Ross Member

So this is the reply I received.

Jerry Grauman replied:
    Ross,
    I can’t give you a refund on a product that is arriving to you. That’s impossible. I would have no protection. I think the quickest way you will get money back from your purchase would be to sell your printer once it arrives to you.

Thank you for being a part of Robo3D!
    Thank you for your interest in Robo3D!

Jerry
    Team Robo3D

As I understand, the printer is still on a ship. Which would still need to be sent through the shipping company they are using to distribute the printers in Australia.

13. Ross

Ross Member

Sigh..

JAN 13, 2014 | 01:42PM PST
    Jerry Grauman replied:
    Ross,
    The printer has indeed been sent to you. There is no tracking number yet cause it was a bulk shipment. You will get a tracking number when the ground shipment occurs. The bulk shipment arrived in Australia today. The ground shipment will occur very soon. There is quite literally a printer in Australia right now with your name on it. Therefore, the refund is impossible for the moment.

Thank you for being a part of Robo3D!
    Thank you for your interest in Robo3D!

Jerry
    Team Robo3D

14. Seshan

Seshan Active Member

It's no different then when ordering anything else from a different country. It gets shipped with one postal service then when it gets to the destination country it transfers to a different postal service. They just shipped a bunch in bulk.

15. cosber

cosber Active Member

While you're waiting, read up all the forum tips about how to get it to print. If you are the "hobbiest" type as many of the forumites (is that a word?) then you'll have fun trying to get it to work. If you expect it to work out of the box, you'll wish it had got lost at sea.

16. Ross

Ross Member

Yeah, we will see if I can sell it.

17. Peter Krska

Peter Krska Active Member

Are you saying that the Robo 3D printer AS shipped, it will not work unless you do mods on it?(replacing stock parts)

The printer should work as long as you don't have defects and you level the bed properly. I noticed so far that people had to replace their Hobbed Bolt, Extruder, Changed to Metric Rods, and added Supports. It's like getting a different printer.

I can't tell if a stock printer works yet since I am still waiting for my order in Canada, but it stands to reason that as a stock printer it's gotta work or else Robo 3D is selling an incomplete product. Start up or not, you can't sell something that doesn't work. It has to work even though you have to adjust it, tweak or setup the software etc.

18. cosber

cosber Active Member

No, you don't NEED mods. With anything, there are folks who have the know-how to improve things with mods. It will print as is. I'm saying don't expect to unbox it, plug it in, load a file, hit print and get any results without a lot of frustrating time tweaking and adjusting. To stringy? Adjust the heat. Bad layers? Adjust the heat-oh, there goes my strings again. Slow down the print, speed up the print, etc., etc. If you're into that, then great. Just tonight, I went in to continue tweaking and after getting what I thought was a perfect bed, I hit the Run Job button, nothing. While the extruder heated up fine, the heat bed which usually heats up immediately never gets past 30 on it's way to the setting of 55. I'm sure someone will tell me to reload Repetier or something, which I will do, but I tried running Matter whatever its called and it wouldn't respond from there either. I'll try doing different things tomorrow, maybe it just needs a rest, I know I do.

19. Bob64

Bob64 Member

All those mods may not be necessary. The later revisions of the robo has a slightly upgraded hobbed bolt. The extruder is fine for me, and the metric rods only decrease some imperfections with the layers. The supports are only needed to increase accuracy - and you can print them with the stock robo.

@cosber. Check to see that your power wires for the heated bed haven't gotten unseated from the screw terminals in the RAMPS board.

20. Peter Krska

Peter Krska Active Member

Cosber

Are you using Windows? Restart your computer. Most likely you've run out of memory. Reboot should bring things back to normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk