1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Answered Lines in Prints

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Taylor, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Taylor

Taylor Member

So ive had this problem for a while where anything I print I get these lines in certain areas of the print. I have tried everything from different types of filament even brand new stuff,ABS and PLA, Different temperatures,Different flow rates and infills,heck ive even used a different slicer and it still happening. I purchased the new Lead screw upgrades thinking it was z wobble and Im still getting the lines. Any thoughts on what could be causing it? Its making the prints almost unusable. I have check and there is no jams in the extruder. Thank for any help you can provide.

I have the Robo R1 with now the new lead screw upgrade with the correct lead screw firmware

Attached Files:

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Well, have you calibrated the extruder?

3. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

Anytime I see the term "Lines in ..." I am reminded of Life in the Fast Lane co-written by Glenn Frey (Nov 06, 1948 - Jan 18, 2016), R.I.P.

4. Taylor

Taylor Member

Good Call! I did it last year but I know I did some tinkering since then. I just recalibrated it was about 7MM off,so im starting a new print and see how it does. Ill report back after the print. Thanks again!

5. Taylor

Taylor Member

mark tomlinson likes this.
  6. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Awesome. I hate that one since it is totally not obvious.
    It has become a go-to sort of check for me now :)

7. Taylor

Taylor Member

No Kidding,I would've never guessed that 7mm would cause so much problems! lol It didnt even do it all the time,it would go and come back. Im so glad you mentioned that,Thanks!