1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Someone interested in the ROBO3D... R2

Discussion in 'Canada' started by mrNewt, Apr 20, 2016.

1. mrNewt

mrNewt New Member

Since I am interested in this printer, I figured I should join the forums and say "Hi!".

Hi! :)

I've been modeling stuff in 3D software for a while now and I got to the point where I want to bring them to life... and for that I most definitely need a 3D printer.

After long considerations ( and still fighting over what I actually want with what I actually need... and costs... ), I got to the conclusion that the best printer for my needs it will be a ROBO3D R2 (based on the specs that were presented).

So here I am... some random dude that is very interested in the ROBO3D R2 and I am curious to know if it will actually be released to the public this year or not?
    I know about 2 years ago there were plans to release it then... but fast forwarding until today, there is still no R2. A more "official" answer will be kindly appreciated ( I've read and heard enough rumors ).
    Thanks! :)

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

First. Welcome!
    Second: this is a user forum and not actually staffed by Robo3D people (other than Harry the admin). So we can't normally give you any inside information on the Robo :) We know as soon as the public know and so far -- no one knows about the R2 other that what they have posted on their main page.

3. mrNewt

mrNewt New Member

Hi Mark!

Thanks for that bit of information. I assumed that since there is a link on their website to this forum (and is part of the same domain), that ROBO people will be around here :). That was wrong of me.

I guess I will be lingering for a couple of more months waiting and hoping before moving on with my decisions.

Thanks again! :).

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

They host it and they do have an administrator (Harry) who manages the site (HW/SW, etc) but largely (99%) of this is all users/owners.
    We can certainly help with questions about existing products, but not so much on the directions they are going.

5. mrNewt

mrNewt New Member

Fair enough and thanks a lot for the replies! :)