1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Deadwoods printer is here

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Deadwood, Oct 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deadwood

Deadwood Active Member

Well got the email on the 28th and it arrived on the 30th looks cool except for the completely shattered heat bed :-(

Attached Files:

2. David Mortlock

David Mortlock Active Member

Oh dear, what a let down. I hope the Robo boys get it fixed for you soon.

3. 1d1

1d1 Active Member

Me too. Waiting for parts... Did your z-stabilizers get broken as well? Those are the plastic brackets at the bottom of the vertical smooth rods. I hope our wait is a short one!

4. Deadwood

Deadwood Active Member

Could not see anything else broken but I need to give it a good check over, sent a message to the support people but not heard back yet

5. 1d1

1d1 Active Member

I just got the news that my parts have shipped. all in all, this is the third day since receiving the broken printer, so, again, nicely done, ROBO!

6. Harry

Harry Team ROBO 3D
    Staff Member

Hey Deadwood, just wanted to see if this was dealt with and your up printing?

7. Deadwood

Deadwood Active Member

Not printing yet Harry, sent an email to the support team and hoping they are sending a replacement heated bed, thanks for the concern :)

8. Deadwood

Deadwood Active Member

Still no sign of my new heated bed so found a piece of aluminium and drilled it off to suit. Calibrated it but did not stick to the bed using hairspray, tried several times then span the nuts out of the bottom of the slides(why does it do this, did it twice at apparently random times) re calibrated and in frustration used a thin coating of spray contact adhesive and hay presto it stuck (not surprising really). Printed the 20mm test cube and it printed really well. Tried to get it off the bed but was stuck fast and I chipped the top, then used a drop of acetone on the base and it fell off on its own and did not affect the PLA. I made a mess of trimming the bottom using a scalpel but overall I am extremely happy with the result and the pics do not do it justice it is absolutely accurate and the corners are sharp and straight, one thing is though on the top where it finishes off it finished just before reaching the corner any ideas why ?
    20131104_152659.jpg 20131104_154554.jpg

9. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Print looks nice. I have the same problem where it doesn't finish the top infill, or if it does it plunges the nozzle into the print.

Not sure what's causing either.

10. Thamer Albahiti

Thamer Albahiti Active Member

i got the same from my cube, for some reason its not finishing it.
    gonna try other stuff and see if it stops before completing them

11. James

James Member

man thas a shame... shattered bed. Think its gonna be expensive to replace one later on... don't know if i like this new bed . Its a definate improvement over the wooden one. But if u break it u gotta buy a heater too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.