1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Touchscreen Controllers?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by JustinRF, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Jerry RoBo 3D

Jerry RoBo 3D Administrator
    Staff Member

@WheresWaldo It works and I really dig your icons. Great work making those look amazing. I'll share a post on the robo owners FB page. Do you mind if we share your .bin files with the world?

Geof and WheresWaldo like this.
  2. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

@Jerry RoBo 3D I don't have any issues, but please note that most are a compilation of free icons from various sources, so you can give them away, but cannot use them commercially. It will be a good example of what your community is doing with the Robo.

Geof likes this.
  3. Jerry RoBo 3D

Staff Member

Thanks for the response @WheresWaldo. It would be more like selling the screen with the free software already installed. Similar to how we sell our printers with the Marlin firmware installed.

4. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

5. Jerry RoBo 3D

Staff Member

Not to mislead anyone, we have no plans to be a reseller of this screen. I'm going to share the supplier website, the downloads, and the instructions.

KTMDirtFace, mark tomlinson and Geof like this.
  6. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

I actually had to log into my facebook account (which I haven't used actively in years) to see your post @Jerry RoBo 3D, Thanks for the shoutout.

7. Jerry RoBo 3D

Staff Member

@WheresWaldo we are trying to get rid of some of the functions on the screen can you contact me at your earliest convenience? jerry@robo3d.com

8. Rigmarol

Rigmarol Well-Known Member

I'm also using a Surface 3 Pro as one of my controllers. Does a fine job but ties it up if I need to take it with me.
    I picked up the Matter Control tablet but have mixed feeling on it so far.
    I'm so used to the laptop it's tough making the change.

9. Jutte

Jutte Member

The only way I've been able to make the MCT print consistently is to use my laptop to export gcode and import that to the MCT. I have a Windows 10 tablet I'd like to use, but I can't get it to recognize the printer.

10. Rigmarol

Interesting. I have the Surface 3 Pro running the Pro version of Windows 10. I literally plugged in the printer and it was recognized right off the bat.

I've had similar issues with the MCT. I also unzip all downloaded files then unzip them using my Surface or my Linux laptop then transfer the unzipped files (in their own folders) onto the sd card and then mount the sd card into the MCT where I print them from.
    I've had a few files I couldn't get to work but that was before I started unzipping them first. I'm not sure if that help or if its just a coincidence.

I like the feature that I get notified of my print finishing and get a picture texted and emailed to me. I haven't worked with the remote control yet.

11. 3D Printer Man

I like the regular chromebook, and my pc.

12. Rigmarol

That's fine, I just don't like leaving my laptop or Surface at home printing when I need it at work. The tablet is perfect for for me.
    Plus I've just set it up to email me and text me a photo of the print when it's done. I like that too.

Nice thing about choices.

Jutte and Geof like this.