1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

New housing?

Discussion in 'Mods and Upgrades' started by gobblinfool, Sep 6, 2016.

1. gobblinfool

gobblinfool Member

Was thinking of making a new housing/hood for my r1+ .. I've been having so many issues with extrusion and everything else about this printer.. and I'm tired of taking the hood off and putting it back on.. was thinking of a frame that will mount in the same 4 holes as the hood but allow my adequate space to work on it as well.. I purchased a wall hanger for the filament rolls so I won't have to worry about that mounting on the frame.. I plan on counterboring the frame for the support rods, and would eventually like to upgrade the lead screws, so possibly add something in for those...

does anyone already have schematics/measurements drawn up for this? anyone already did it? results?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

2. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

I know some folks that just go topless. Would rather the smooth rods be supported though. I designed these that makes taking the cover ought and on easier for me. http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1116656

gobblinfool likes this.
  3. gobblinfool

gobblinfool Member

thumb screws? cool idea.. lol I like the topless idea.. I have slotted square rail I think I'm going to use and make a new housing.. rods will still be supported but it will be open.. I have a 2nd printer on the way.. so since this has been the problem child it will be my project printer

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Geof likes this.