1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Anyone own a CTC Duplicator 4?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by SteveDjarrell, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

My r1+ printed out of the box....6 months later a few cheap upgrades it printed well out of the box...with HUGE help from good people like @WheresWaldo and @mark tomlinson helping me out. Its a recomended printer to upgrade. Plug and print is a couple thousand more :)

2. Chuck Erwin

Chuck Erwin Active Member

I saw the post title and I got a Wanhao duplicator 4 probably close to CTC Duplicator 4. I got mine on ebay used with very low operating hours <15. and with duel extruders. I can't tell you how much a pain it is to set it up and still get messy prints. The novelty wears off quickly.
    It's isn't all bad but I just use it for single nozzle only now.

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

You are not alone. Given the challenge of getting a single nozzle offset from the bed correctly the challenge of getting two done is hard with current tech. That doesn't even consider the difficulties in modeling and slicing :)

After working with a few different multi-extruder systems we found it easier to model around it and print different parts from different materials and then assemble.

4. JWW

JWW Member

... old thread yes ... but I'd have to agree when I saw this print.

aDSC_2740.jpg aDSC_2743.jpg

SteveDjarrell and Geof like this.
  5. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

If ya need something off an ultimaker give me a holler. Im sure we can work it out :D

SteveDjarrell likes this.