1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

32 hour print

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by aznhlfan, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Rigmarol

Rigmarol Well-Known Member

And what if the dog eats the mail or what if a mouse chews the cord, or what if a truck plows through the living room... We could what if anything to death LOL.

Monitoring is desirable I agree.
    But nothing is likely to catch fire that wouldn't also apply to anything normally in the house left plugged in and running.

I am going to dig out one of my Christmas lights timers so I don't have to leave my printer on all night for only a 3 or 4 hour print. Set it for 6 hours and I'm saving some electricity and wear and tear on the fan.

BTW, I bought the T10 tablet from MatterControl (Matter Hackers) when I bought my printer and it does all that too, monitors over wifi to the Internet from work or wherever. I can start a job, stop a job and it emails me a photo of the finished print when done. I even have the wife set up so she gets it as well. It's just limited to Matter Control software at this point and I'm moving away to Cura and one day S3D.

2. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

Even more reason to have a web cam monitoring your print...that my friend would go viral to see that varmint fried. HAHA!!!

3. Rigmarol

LOL. Agreed.

4. daniel871

daniel871 Well-Known Member

For what it's worth, the high-end cost for Raspberry Pi3 with Octoprint is about $90. How much was that tablet?

Rigmarol likes this.
  5. aznhlfan

aznhlfan Active Member

So my having it wrapped in rags to keep the sound down and in the closet, isn't the best choice? Is that what your saying?

Rigmarol likes this.
  6. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

You meant oil-soaked rags, right?

Rigmarol and aznhlfan like this.
  7. aznhlfan

aznhlfan Active Member

Actually I use turpentine, it evaporates kinda quick, but the smell in that room is awesome.

sent from my Note 5 using Tapatalk

Rigmarol and mark tomlinson like this.
  8. Rigmarol

Yeah yeah yeah, Lessons learned and where were you when I needed you? LOL.

I admit it was too expensive for what I'm getting out of it. But, it's perfect for the wife who just wants to print what she downloads with no fiddling.

But yeah, I would NOT recommend getting the tablet (T10) just saying what I have does a lot of what was being talked about. (stirring the pot?)

9. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Nothing wrong with them. Id get one for my nephew and nieces if they were a bit cheaper. They love the print room lol

10. Rigmarol

If had known about the LCD controllers before buying I would have gone with one of them instead but I didn't know at the time.
    I paid over $240 for mine. Not terribly expensive until you start comparing with other solutions.

Geof likes this.