1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

First Post, Eh?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by psema4, Nov 13, 2013.

1. psema4

psema4 New Member

Sorry, couldn't resist. ;)

Hello from a soon-to-be robo-printer-er in Hamilton, Ontario!

My printer arrived yesterday - spent the day trying not to think about it at work. Got home, opened it up and somehow managed not to cry. Seems the tool container came apart, letting things bounce around enough to destroy the heatbed.

Anyway, sent off an email, heard back and things should be soon set aright. Can hardly wait :)

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Bummer man :(

I have a lot of family from Hamilton. Interesting little city.

I hope you get a new build plate quickly!

3. psema4

psema4 New Member

Thanks Mike - that makes two of us! Support has gotten back with a message saying they're sending one out asap.

Very much looking forward to getting started. :)

4. GoGoGreenGiant

GoGoGreenGiant New Member

Im from Toronto, but still haven recieved word on when my printer is getting shipped. I was wondering what order number is your printer, maybe this way I can estimate when my printer might be shipped.

Thx

5. psema4

psema4 New Member

Hmm. Not sure what my order number was but if it helps, my order was placed on Jan 30 2013 - just before the Kickstarter closed on Feb 1.

6. GoGoGreenGiant

thx for the info. I place mine just after the kickstarter closed and my order number is 1215 i think. Just trying to figure out how many got shipped out. I think that about 1000 printers were orderedd through kickstarter so that give me hope that mine will be shipping soonish

Hopefully

7. Peter Krska

Peter Krska Active Member

I'm from Toronto as well. I ordered at the end of November. Hopefully the Robo team ships out a truck load to Canada.

What worries me is all the talk about QA issues. I'd rather get a working printer later than a non working sooner.

What is being done to prevent sabatoge? And are the China versions better at QA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Thundersticks

Thundersticks New Member

High Prairie, Alberta here! Backer #1315 PLA unassembled May, just got my printer today. Looks great, inspecting and printing soon I hope.

9. GoGoGreenGiant

Has anyone received their PLA and ABS printer yet? my order number is 1215 and I have hear nothing still

10. Aspiring.Edifier

Aspiring.Edifier New Member

Fredericton, NB here. Got mine (PLA only) at the end of the summer, but just signing up for the forums now. I'm finally close to happy with the quality of my prints, so to all the new users, be patient and print lots of practice jobs to get experience with the settings before you try any big important projects.

11. sarge5020

sarge5020 Member

We got ours around 1 October/13. It's the PLA/ABS version. I have to agree with Aspiring; practice a lot and learn the tricks of the machine. We also up-graded the print head to the e3d. Much happier with the prints.

Cheers,
    John
    Windsor,Ontario

2 people like this.