1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Robo C2 and Robo R2 Smart 3D Printers

Discussion in 'ROBO 3D News and Announcements' started by ROBOLabs, Sep 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

Right! I think Robo will need to come up with a kit to upgrade the surrounding glass for safety. Don't need any school kids going blind.

Geof likes this.
  2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

T bar and tinted poly carbonate readily available through mcmaster. Very easy to make an enclosure :)

#142 Geof, Oct 7, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
  3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Sure, I'll shoot you the details. We just bought the bits and are building it. More fun (HA!) that way, right?

Geof likes this.
  4. Todd Wessendorf

Todd Wessendorf Active Member

is there ant way to get out of the kickstarter deal even though its already funded?

5. danzca6

I think once it's funded and complete you are stuck. What did you pledge for? Might be someone else interested.

Ed Ferguson likes this.
  6. Ed Ferguson

Ed Ferguson Active Member

Yep - at this point you've been charged and can't back out. Which model did you fund?

I funded the R2 shipping in January. The C2 ships late this month.

Either way, you should have no problem selling it for what you paid. I'm expecting them to be great printers, especially after seeing the internals in the photos posted from the production line. Looks like an Ultimaker clone, but costs much less.

7. Todd Wessendorf

Todd Wessendorf Active Member

Yea, that is what I thought. I'm backer #46 for the Super-Early-Bird Special on the R2. Still think it's a great printer, just buyer's remorse, I guess. I'll probably feel better once it ships and I see it . . .

8. danzca6

Report back with a your thoughts on it when you get it. Love to hear about it since I wasn't a backer. If you ever want to sell, I'm sure you'll find a taker, but give it a chance to prove it was worth the money first. Big question mark since nobody in the 3d printing community has actually gotten a demo to review and it's all been just been Robo's word on how well it works. Can't wait to see these hit the streets and get public opinion.

Ed Ferguson likes this.
  9. daniel871

daniel871 Well-Known Member

I would like to see just one known-quantity reviewer get their hands on one of the Robo printers prior to them going on sale so that we can get a not-employed-by-Robo opinion on the printer.

It doesn't have to be Tom Sanladerer, it could be the 3D Printing nerd.

It could even be Barnacules since he was responsible for so many R1 sales, if not for the drama/fallout that happened there.

10. Ed Ferguson

My R2 will also be in the first shipment batch. Having good experience with the R1+, I'll be anxious to make the comparison between the two printers. I'll be happy to post pics and my thoughts when it arrives. Hopefully we'll see the same from some C2 owners in about 3 weeks.

11. mcsams

mcsams New Member

Looking forward to challenging the R2. It doesn't appear to be mod friendly but it should be interesting to see what comes up.

12. Shane Simino

Shane Simino Member

Let me know if you want to sell.

Geof likes this.
  13. Ed Ferguson

#153 Ed Ferguson, Dec 21, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
    Rigmarol and ROBOLabs like this.
  14. supernovae

supernovae Member

I saw that Amazon started listing the C2 as Prime available in 2-3 days too

15. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

@supernovae, that is not exactly what is meant by "Usually ships within 3 to 5 days". Amazon tries it's best to meet that suggestion, but it is not a guarantee that they have any at all. Since there also have been no reports of any kickstarter C2's being delivered, if Robo chose to send a bunch to Amazon first they will end up just like the guys who created The Coolest beverage cooler. Their woes have been well documented on various news sites and forums.

Geof likes this.
  16. Ed Ferguson

Two C2 printers that I know of were delivered Dec 21, and many more backers have their shipment tracking numbers.

17. supernovae

supernovae Member

I buy a ton of stuff on Amazon.. in fact with prime and prime now here in Austin I hardly shop anywhere else for anything... usually they're not lying when the page says "Ships in 3-5 days" as in the new(er) page for the C2.. (can't post the link, forum says its spam, but just search for robo3d c2)

I'd be surprised if Amazon published such without commitments that show inventory on the road to their prime warehouses. Especially since it says 'shipped and sold from amazon.com' and we all know the kickstarter video said they were making 300 on first batch and I don't think 300 were fully ordered by the kickstarter early buyin.. having the extras on Amazon with prime shipping is awesome.

18. daniel871

daniel871 Well-Known Member

I'll believe people have C2 and R2 printers when they start posting troubleshooting threads on these forums.

19. Ed Ferguson

ROBOLabs likes this.
  20. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

I stand corrected, some C2 machines have shipped. I am still unsure any R2's have been delivered.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.