1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

3D Printing in 3 Easy Steps

Discussion in 'Show and Tell' started by Andrew Goren, Nov 27, 2016.

1. Andrew Goren

Andrew Goren New Member

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to pass on this fun little video I made. I hope to go more in depth soon! Let me know what you think :)

Thanks,
    Andrew

Oldyone likes this.
  2. daniel871

daniel871 Well-Known Member

"Find a file and send it to the printer" is pretty misleading. Also holy LOL at all the money wasted on that MatterControl tablet and that terrible music.

3. Andrew Goren

Andrew Goren New Member

Hello! Thank you for your feedback and concerns! The goal was to show users the simplicity of the Robo 3D platform, especially people who aren't familiar with 3D printing. As stated, I hope to go more in depth in future videos. I personally like my Matter Control tablet, but thank you for the concern.

4. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Glad to see that yours worked that well out of the box. I never tried the tablet, I went for the LCD controller. thanks for the video!

5. Andrew Goren

Andrew Goren New Member

No Problem! Glad to hear you enjoyed it!

6. Rigmarol

Rigmarol Well-Known Member

Thanks for the video.
    I also went with the tablet T-10 and it was great for a short time. Matter Control is ok for those starting off and having the tablet does at least eliminate needing a dedicated PC or laptop. I moved on to Cura after about 4 or 5 months and never looked back. However, the wife loves the tablet and is still using it enthusiastically.

I hope to move to the LCD controller soon.

One critique offered in a friendly manner (rather than those who choose to belittle and laugh) I believe it is a mistake to make 3D printing "look" easy without warning that at this level of printing, it will often require tweaking, upgrading, and quite a bit of climbing up the learning curve. They (3d Printers) are not quite plug and play yet.
    With that warning in place it may cut down on the number of new users who want to toss their "defective" printers down the stairs.

7. Andrew Goren

Andrew Goren New Member

Thank you so much for the feedback! I really appreciate that a lot. I hear your concerns entirely and will update the description with a disclaimer.

Thanks again,
    Andrew :)

Geof likes this.