1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Print bed temperature reporting too high

Discussion in 'Mods and Upgrades' started by coombs, Jan 11, 2017.

1. coombs

coombs New Member

Hello,

I have a older version of the Robo R1 and it had the crappy print bed heater with the round cable. The cable kept disconnecting, so they sent me the upgraded print bed heater with the nice ribbon cable. I install and it, but now the temperature sensor is reporting bad values. When I first turn the printer on, it says the print bed is 40 degrees C even though it should be room temperature (20). Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Either it is wired incorrectly or it is bad.
    I assume you tried heating the bed? Did it go up from the starting point of 40?

Geof likes this.
  3. coombs

coombs New Member

The bed heating works fine. Since it's about 20 degrees off, I've just been setting the temp to 80 for PLA instead of 60. Seems to work fine. Just wondering if anyone else had the same problem. Or if it's a bad setting in my firmware or something.

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

I suppose it could be a setting. in the firmware if you changed the bed thermistor type:

#define TEMP_SENSOR_0 1 //robo
    #define TEMP_SENSOR_BED 1 //robo

Both are type 1 from the stock, if you did not use the same thermistor type (stock is an EPCOS 100k) then you need to adjust that and reload.