1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Answered Supports not staying stuck to bed, ruining prints

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Toro1966, Feb 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toro1966

Toro1966 Active Member

Hey guys, just recently started having this issue and I print a lot. Using S3D and hair spray, with MeltInk PLA. temps are about 55/192. Supports print the first layer fairly well, but by the second or third layer they are coming up and moving. The print itself is fine for those layers. Don't think it's material as I have tried a couple of different brands and have also never had this issue before. I cleaned the bed and resprayed just to make sure, same issue. Any thoughts?

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

How big/thick are the supports?
    You can change this in settings.

If using small ones you probably need to add a RAFT to keep them stuck to bed.

3. Toro1966

Toro1966 Active Member

4mm Mark - been using the same ones for 6 months with no issue. Haven't had to use a raft before. Not sure why this just started.

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Something has affected how the supports are sticking to the bed (assuming the same models worked before with the same slicer settings). A raft is a quick way to get them to stay, I have occasionally needed to use a raft if the pillars are small or scattered. Generally not needed.

You might want to bring this up with Simplify3D support if you think it really is a slicer issue.

5. Rigmarol

Rigmarol Well-Known Member

Try a freshly cleaned bed. Hairspray gunks things up after some time.
    I rarely clean mine but whenever I start getting adhesion issues a cleaning and spraying has solved my issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.