1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Prints are not round......

Discussion in 'Show and Tell' started by John M. Fruits, Feb 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John M. Fruits

Love the printer, but there are a few quirks to be hashed out....and I am confident they will be!

But, when I print a round "wheel", the wheel isn't exactly round.....it is slightly egg shaped. I measured it before I removed it from the bed and the elongated section is diagonal on the print bed (left front to back right).

It's not a lot (about .030" total / .015" average) but is there a way to correct this?

2. John M. Fruits

Photo...

Attached Files:

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

On the older models you would track down the loose belt or drive component.
    I can't speak for this model yet... if everything in the drive line for each axis IS solid then the only thing you can do is to fine-tune the settings for each axis in the firmware BUT I would advise not doing that* since those numbers are derived from the mechanical bits and if they are right, so are the numbers.

*at least not until you rule out everything else

4. John M. Fruits

Checked the belts and they are all banjo tight!

5. John M. Fruits

Solved my out of round issue. I ordered two additional printers, and when one came in, the X axis (From left to Right) was not parallel with the Y axis. If you push the gantry all the way to the back or to the front of the unit, you will easily be able to see if your belts are out of time... Mine was out by one tooth (one of the new ones was out like 10 teeth!). IF you carefully grab the two sides of the gantry in the middle, and push one one side, and pull on the other, you can jump teeth (this is what Robo recommended) and I was able to get both units back parallel. Nice round prints!

6. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

@John M. Fruits glad you found your issue, seems Robo has a QC problem they should be addressing with the Chinese factory that assembles their printers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.