1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved NijaFlex through a Titan Extruder with E3DV6 Hot End

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Jeff Hamilton, Mar 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff Hamilton

Jeff Hamilton Member

Any advice getting NijaFlex to print with a Titan Extruder with E3dV6 hot end.
    What is the best temp? I'm using 230
    Should the hob tention be tight or loose?
    I'm using a new .40 nozzle
    I'm just making messes right now and having no success. The NijaFlex is not continuing down the tube to the hot end, but instead is feeding out beside the hob. I've taken the Titan apart, but really don't see what I can fix or adjust.

2. SteveDjarrell

SteveDjarrell Active Member

Are you using the tubing going in to the titan all the way to the hobb? Also the piece that goes under the hobb? I run an off brand and have zero issues. I am not sure how yours is coming out as mine has no free room at all other than the hobbed bolt itself. I do run the tension twisted in about 1/8th inch. Can you take the front cover off and take a photo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Jeff Hamilton

Jeff Hamilton Member

I can't see where the Nijaflex is coming out of, but when I noticed it had stopped printing there was a section of the nijaflex sticking out the right side of the extruder and looked to be coming from underneath the hob. I think if I extended the tube coming in from the top closer to the hob that would help, but that would require drilling out the top guide so it could pass through it because it has a stop at the bottom.

Attached Files:

• ex.jpg
      ex.jpg
      File size:
      621 KB
      Views:
  4. SteveDjarrell

SteveDjarrell Active Member

Ok, so it is very similar to my setup. I did remove the stop(by accident). I have my top tube profiled to go up to the hobb bolt. Also I did have a similar problem when I had retraction on. Once I disabled (greatly reduced) retraction I never had the issue again. But again, I run a different brand of flexible filament. I can only assume it is similar to the ninja flex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Jeff Hamilton

Jeff Hamilton Member

I drilled out the feeder section and ran the tube down to just above the hob tension roller, then I changed the nozzle to a .50 and slowed the print speed down to 15 mm/s , Still having problems as you can see from the pics. Still open to any ideas

Attached Files:

6. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

7. Jeff Hamilton

Jeff Hamilton Member

I have dropped the tube so it is just above the hob and that leaves very little area without tubing. Slowed the speed down to 10 mm/s and increase the layers to .25. I got twice as far further before it failed this time. Still trying

Attached Files:

8. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Some of it will have to do with how tightly it is pressed to the back of the tube. I know you are slow, but go slower.
    Also run it as cool as you think you can for extrusion temperature. A little heat creep can nuke you.

Jeff Hamilton likes this.
  9. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

That is one of the reasons I like SemiFlex better -- it is easier to print and still plenty flexible. It is "flexible" where as NinjaFLex is "floppy"

10. Jeff Hamilton

Jeff Hamilton Member

Well after MANY attempts and varying settings and not one complete print I have come to the conclusion that the Titan extruder will not print with NijaFlex. I have some SainSmart 1.75mm Flexible TPU (if the mail ever shows up) and I'll give that a try tonight. I may end up upgrading to a Flexion extruder.

11. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

There are some other options out there (a FlexyStruder clone for example). Good luck.

12. Jeff Hamilton

Jeff Hamilton Member

Well my other shipment didn't arrive today so I decided to give NijaFlex another try and I am happy to say I finally had success.
    Here are the setting that worked for me.
    Nozzle: .50
    Layer Height : .3200
    Infil : 20%
    Extruder Temp : 240
    Bed Temp : 70
    Print Speed: 10mm/s (very slow)
    The finish isn't perfect and so tweaking may improve that, but for tonight I am calling it a success
    I hope this helps the next person to who tries to print with NijaFlex

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.