1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Printer z Axis keeps going up while printing.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Terreos, Mar 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terreos

Terreos New Member

I was setting up my printer for the first time today. Followed the quick start guide and am trying to do the calibration circle print. During calibration the printer keeps going up on the z axis and never comes down. And it will start printing with the print head several inches above the glass bed.

Please be simple with your answers. I'm completely new to this software and don't know where everything is yet.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

This always means one or both of your Z switches is out of position and always reading HOME.

Watch this first video here for some guidance on the autoleveling:

http://community.robo3d.com/index.php?threads/helpful-videos-novice-expert.7478/

Fix the switch and you are good (it may simply need to be turned to the correct position)

3. Terreos

Terreos New Member

ok so I tried tightening the so the switches would touch. It looks like mine wasn't assembled correctly as the brass part keeps the switch from reaching the top and never gets pressed. Also mine seems to have clips on the sides? Are these supposed to be removed?

Attached Files:

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Looks like your brass nuts are NOT inserted into the crossbar on at least one of those pictures. There is a socket that they go into.
    If that IS the case and they are all the way into the socket then loosen the screws on part around the brass nut and snug them up to the crossbar (with the extruder up off of the bed of course)

Rigmarol and Terreos like this.
  5. Terreos

Terreos New Member

Just got done doing that. Thank you. It is now running the circle calibration print. See how it turns out. Thank you!

Rigmarol and mark tomlinson like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.