1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Leveling the bed

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by mark tomlinson, Mar 26, 2017.

1. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

So far I have had to shim the front about 1mm to get it level front-to-back.
    The left-right seems level enough to not matter.

2. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

The best way to approach this (IMHO) was to use painters tape to shim directly into the ball socket until it was really close. Then take and loosed the ball on the bed (the magnetic part) and use shim steel of the same thickness under the post with the ball on it. You can get quite specific with the amount of shim and this way it is a one-time deal. A royal pain, no doubt...

tom1441 likes this.
  3. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Pity this is so obtuse because once you get it set the printer just hums along:

PrinterSnap.jpg

Ed Ferguson likes this.
  4. colton81

colton81 Active Member

Yea i primted out small washers about 1mm thick and placed them in the back so far ( at least with the glass build plate ) it has stayed level and i havent had to redo the leveling for about 20 prints. That being said though i think i might have a z banding issue still

5. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

That is weird. Z banding should not be an issue on this printer. Not even remotely.

6. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

So far now after a number of prints we are happy that the manual leveling was a better option.

At some point perhaps MESH would be worth looking into, but for this small of a print bed manual is easy enough and rock solid.