1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Answered Shifting on the y axis during prints

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Colin howe, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Colin howe

Colin howe New Member

when printing long prints everything is running good and then out of nowhere i hear a noise and then i check it and i notice that the printer has shifted the along the y axis.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Belt is skipping. If it is the Y my bet would be one of the cables under the bed got caught and briefly hung the bed travel.

Geof likes this.
  3. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

if its only doing it on LONG prints and not on 10 hour prints or so I'd check the fan on the bottom of the printer, make sure its staying running. If by long prints @mark tomlinson has it nailed. A cable, loose belt, or loose set screw is likely getting ya.

4. tatajer

tatajer New Member

I have the same issue. Just tried epoxing my cracked pillow block and was able to print a new one. tried a 5hr print and the y-axis shifted and wasted about 200g of material.
    If the above doesn't fix it. check the smoothness of the bed. My last two times, it has been a failing LM8UU bearing. It's getting annoying to keep fixing it. I'm upgrading to IGUS RJMP-01-08 bearings. Mine is catching towards the end of the travel.

mark tomlinson likes this.