1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

E3D Titan Aero combo announced

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by mark tomlinson, Mar 24, 2017.

1. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

2. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

3. Patrick Ryan

Patrick Ryan Member

I wonder how long until @printedsolid starts carrying them. Would love to upgrade my Titan to this

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

4. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

@Printed Solid

Matt is occasionally on here to see what is happening. Let's get his attention.

#4 mark tomlinson, Mar 24, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
    Patrick Ryan likes this.
  5. buttabean

buttabean New Member

This looks pretty sweet. I wonder if they could supply a kit for v6 owners who don't have a titan but don't want to spend extra on unnecessary parts.

Do you guys think the volcano would work with this?

6. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

The volcano is a replacement heater block, heater core (40w) and nozzles. Heatbreak remains the same so ... I would imagine it would work with just about any E3D compatible system.

Geof likes this.
  7. Printed Solid

Printed Solid Volunteer Admin
    Staff Member

Hey, Sorry for the late reply. MRRF and then getting things back to in order after...

My first thought on this is that they are very short. I don't think it can work on robo without a new carriage design. However, you will be rewarded for your effort with a. good amount of extra build height.

We do have the conversion kit and full kits in stock. If you look at E3D's product page, you can see that the number of config options is already daunting, but a v6 to aero conversion sounds like a good idea for the future.

Our products page is here https://printedsolid.com/pages/search-results?q=aero

Patrick Ryan and Geof like this.
  8. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Mine is on the way! Looks fantastic. I'm putting an aero on a few different printers that desperately need some "love" lol

Patrick Ryan likes this.
  9. Patrick Ryan

Patrick Ryan Member

It might be long enough with the volcano and the titan mount on thingiverse. I think I might try this weekend to come up with a new design, if I have time.

Printed Solid and Geof like this.
  10. Feidril

Feidril New Member

darn, just bought the e3dv6 from printedsolid.... Hey, printedsolid, do you want to add an "upgrade" product on your store for those of us who have e3dv6, but not yet a titan extruder? Perhaps an upgrade bundle for v6 only owners?.... just a thought. Thanks..

Printed Solid likes this.
  11. Printed Solid

Printed Solid Volunteer Admin
    Staff Member

It's on my radar. The aero launched with a ton of variants, so I'm figuring out how to stock all of those options first before adding in even more options of my own.

Geof likes this.
  12. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

really the only thing you'd be reusing is the heater block, heat throat and nozzle...not a bad thing to have spares of all those by buying the whole kit now :D

#12 Geof, Apr 3, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
    Patrick Ryan likes this.
  13. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

I agree with Matt, the stock Robo isn't the best option for the Aero. Works well with the Titan, but the Aero is too short. Even with the volcano you still need to have a decent part cooling fan solution. The one option I have looked at is converting the Robo X axis into an I3 style. Here is an idea of what that would look like http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2022223. And if the rod spacing is the same as the MK2, you could start with a mount like http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2192480.

Patrick Ryan likes this.
  14. Patrick Ryan

Patrick Ryan Member

After messing with the design for a while that was pretty much my conclusion too

15. danzca6

16. Patrick Ryan

Patrick Ryan Member

Actually, I didn't even think to look to see if anyone designed one already. I was going to design one whenever I found the time. But this saves me time

17. danzca6

That one is a work in progress for sure. Not sure if he'll get it nailed down, but maybe someone to strike up a conversation with to bounce ideas off of.

Patrick Ryan likes this.
  18. Patrick Ryan

Patrick Ryan Member

19. Patrick Ryan

Patrick Ryan Member

The trouble I came across is that the overall length of the whole unit with the fan is about the same length as the space between the rods so you can't just lower mounting relative to the rods and if you mount the unit below the rods then you lose z axis height which is counter to its advantages. If you turn the unit 90°then you lose x axis length. So the only solution would be to make those rods verticle to each other. I'll try to look at the i3 setup this weekend not sure if it is compatible with the r1+ . If it is then I'll just have to work on a carriage.

20. danzca6

That i3 mod I linked to above was done on an R1+. So there shouldn't be any issues there.

Remember you also can get a pancake stepper for the Titan or the Aero. That helps a lot with the depth of the unit. Still might lose a bit of x travel depending on the setup.

It's an interesting mod that I'm still debating trying out for kicks.

Patrick Ryan likes this.