1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unanswered Autoleveling using cura

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by cybershipley, May 26, 2016.

1. Will . I . Am

Will . I . Am Member

So the print came out ok! besides the top still a little grainy and not completely solid yet ill post a pic here @mark tomlinson everything good but the top as you can see. keep adding more top layers maybe?

[​IMG]

#41 Will . I . Am, Apr 16, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
  2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Try a few more, but eventually it is moot and what you end up with is whatever layer smoothness you are able to achieve.
    Make sure at some point you calibrate the extruder as well if you want the best detail:

3. Will . I . Am

Will . I . Am Member

@mark tomlinson I may be under extruding however I'm not sure how to extrude 100mm of filament and then after that where i would even plug in the data and numbers. I use CURA now and I'm guess those numbers are for the actual printers firmware inside Ardriuno

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

You measure the filament where it comes into the hobb back 100mm (actually ANY reference point before the hobb will work). Even marking it where it goes into the top cover and then go back 100mm is fine. Tell it to feed 100mm and then see how much it actually extrudes (measure the marks with respect to your reference point after it does the extrusion -- do not try to measure what comes out the nozzle).

He covers that in the video. The rest is just math*

*he covers that part too :)