1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Answered Robo R1+ Stopping mid print

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Valor Props, May 1, 2017.

1. Valor Props

Valor Props New Member

Hey guys, thought I'd post here since what I've tried hasn't worked and usually if I've had an issue, this place has already found the answer.

So my problem. Started a few days ago, 30mins-1hr into prints it just stops. Started after it stopped with about 2 hrs left on a 24 hr print. Has never happened before. I have an E3D V6 and XXL controller installed so no messes with the USB cord or anything. Using Cura and I just installed an 80mm fan underneath for extra cooling as I've seen this be an issue before for others. Issue still happens. I have 4 other Robo 3D's set up and they are all working like champs.

Any ideas?

2. aznhlfan

aznhlfan Active Member

I'm thinking a bad ramps board or Arduino, I went thru this about a year ago. Replaced the ramps and Arduino (cheap fix, under $25), no problems ever since.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 using Tapatalk

Jose Cuevas likes this.
  3. jonnyb44

jonnyb44 Member

Did you forget to plug the fan back in after you added the LCD?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mark tomlinson likes this.
  4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Check the fan underneath. Cools the Ramps

Sent from my BNTV450 using Tapatalk

Geof and jonnyb44 like this.
  5. Valor Props

Valor Props New Member

The fan was working, upgraded it to an 80mm fan and had it located underneath the ramps board. I even separated the fuses a bit as I know they can cause issues from heat. Started it up then the hot end started dragging but only in a specific spot which was new..

Still stopped, ordered and replaced the ramps board got everything put back into place, added the drivers to the new board and turned it on to test and BAM, spark sound and a bit of smoke in a small puff. Turned it off, didn't see any damage but thought give an update and find out what to do next. I think I got a bad ramps board any recommendations for a good reliable replacement?