1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Robo C2 and Robo R2 Smart 3D Printers

Discussion in 'ROBO 3D News and Announcements' started by ROBOLabs, Sep 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Maybe they are improving :)

2. colton81

colton81 Active Member

They said two weeks ago Braydon was working on a update from his visit to the manufacture. That was 2 weeks ago! Then they post up that picture on facebook of a castle the printed on the R2 that looked like sh@t.. everyone was dogging them on it lol Cmon Robo you should know what good print quality looks like

3. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

@colton81 I had to take a look myself, although I have been on Facebook what feels like forever I rarely visit the site, but I saw the Cinderella Castle print and it is lacking to say the least. But it is probably typical of out of the box performance. It needs to be better out of the box especially considering the premium pricing. It just looks like a case of prioritizing form over function.

danzca6 likes this.
  4. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

link please? Or attach the photo?

5. WheresWaldo

Staff Member

#205 WheresWaldo, May 12, 2017
    Last edited: May 12, 2017
    Geof likes this.
  6. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

It doesn't look terrible but not great. I'll find the .stl and throw a printer on it just to see.

7. WheresWaldo

Staff Member

@Geof There are at least three on Thingiverse not sure which one they used.

Geof likes this.
  8. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

On it. Thanks! Will post a picture.

9. WheresWaldo

Staff Member

Don't forget they printed it with supports and it still looks bad in the window details.

10. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

I think this is the new motto

Geof and WheresWaldo like this.
  11. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

@WheresWaldo @danzca6 how much is the R2? I'll pick a printer similar priced machine to it and run with supports. Curiosity has the best of me lol. Or if you guys know of one of mine you'd like to see it done on.

12. danzca6

I do have to say, without supports it is still needing help. Wonder if they used S3D or Cura? Lots of factors going into this. But...did you catch the comments? I may have to let some folks I know who bought the R2 Kickstarter know that they are offering full refunds.

Capture.PNG

Geof likes this.
  13. danzca6

14. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

I did see the comments about full refunds. I have to say that is very cool of them since they dont HAVE to do that. I'll throw it on my zortrax in ABS. At least then if I do a terrible job I can smooth it and give it away lol. Stay tuned :D

15. danzca6

You're absolutely right @Geof . That is cool they are offering it. The delays are laughable right now and I know a few backers that are not happy at all about that. Especially since this wasn't a fund raising to do production it was a discount opportunity to the community. So since they are doing refunds, I would say it was true. Just too bad they weren't farther along with the manufacturing side to make a quicker turn around.

mark tomlinson and Geof like this.
  16. WheresWaldo

Staff Member

Like I said they printed with supports and the pic @danzca6 posted was after the supports were removed.

Since Robo3D pushes their own version of Cura, I am pretty sure that is what they used to slice it, but it doesn't look like there are any slicing issues, maybe profile issues but not slicer issues.

Take a close look at the internal sections of the small spires, that just doesn't look as good as it could.

17. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

The zortrax comes with its own non tweakable slicer :D got it goin now. 6.5 hours so I wont have it until Monday but will post. a 1500 machine vs a 1500 machine :D lol. Its likely going to look worse but will be interesting. (its going with supports at .2 layers)

18. colton81

colton81 Active Member

By the way saw this on their latest post
    In the comment section they responed to someone asking if was pushed back again

"Hey guys! As of right now, Braydon is in China finalizing the last steps before R2 delivery. We're on track to start delivering printers by the end of this month, but we don't want to promise a specific date due to us failing our previous estimates and letting our backers down. We sincerely appreciate your support and ask for continued patience while we near the end of R2 development."

19. colton81

colton81 Active Member

I dont run a business by any means but wouldnt it be smart to at least post up an update on facebook and kickstarter saying at least " hey sorry we are behind again and we are hoping to ship out by end of the month" or something along those lines instead of just replying to a comment someone left?

20. colton81

colton81 Active Member

Would love to see what yours prints out. I havent seen really anyother prints they say are from the R2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.