1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved No auto leveling

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by twilk53, May 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twilk53

twilk53 New Member

After having a problem where my printer doesn't auto level or check the z height on new prints, I re-installed Mattercontrol, got a new laptop, and added a raspberry pi with octoprint, all to no avail. On old prints from months ago it prints just fine. Anything new and it skips right to printing and starts about an inch off of the bed. It also doesn't go to the temperature I programmed. Could this be a corrupt firmware issue? If so, how do I fix it? Are the auto leveling and z height check routines in the firmware or at the beginning of the g-code of the print?

2. KTMDirtFace

KTMDirtFace Well-Known Member

They are in the G-code.

What happens as a test if you send these commands from the terminal/console?

G28 ( homes everything)
    G29 ( auto level )

mark tomlinson likes this.
  3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Added the Autoleveling offset command in there as well for Marlin 1.0
    Those should be there regardless of which slicer you use (or the slicer that is NOT doing them is configured incorrectly)

4. twilk53

twilk53 New Member

Thank you. I will try that. There is a place in Octoprint to put in commands that are to be done before any print starts. Seems like a good place for them.

#4 twilk53, May 19, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2017
  5. twilk53

twilk53 New Member

It worked! Thanks. I should have said there is a place in Cura instead of Octoprint to put in commands to perform before the print starts. Somehow my original version of Cura must have become corrupted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.