1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

PSU M80/M81 issues

Discussion in 'Mods and Upgrades' started by Shane, May 19, 2017.

1. Shane

Shane New Member

Hey everyone,
    So I finally got my SSR installed for control of my psu but im having a strange issue.

My M80 will turn my psu off and m81 will turn it on.

So at first start up even with the psu command line to keep the psu off everything is up and running. When I use M80, my psu turns off and the display reads printer ready. When I use M81 the psu turns back on and my screen says printer off.

I checked my connections and everything seams fine. I even checked the voltage for the psu on pin and i get 5v with m81 and 0 with m80.

I downloaded the newest version 1.1.1 w/ mesh (R1 plus) chaned the needed lines but still having the isssue. In the morning I will go to an older version to see if it helps.

Has any else ran i to this issue. Any help of direction would be greatly appreciated.

2. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

@Shane, I am not sure anyone is doing the same on their Robo, maybe @mark tomlinson has played with this. But try Bugfix-1.1x and then if it still persists open an issue on the Marlin GITHUB. The devs really f'ed up the current release since apparently they do not know how to actually manage a project or do regression testing.

Geof likes this.
  3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Are you connected via USB when doing this? If so turning off the PSU will not shut down the arduino.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Geof likes this.
  4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

If that is the actual bone of contention then I am not sure what might be happening. The Marlin firmware controls what is on the LCD display and honestly I have not looked into that part of the code enough to have an opinion. You might take it up with the marlin developers as @WheresWaldo suggests...

5. Shane

Shane New Member

Thanks for the inputs. Im not trying to turn off the arduino just the power supply.

6. Shane

Shane New Member

Its weird even with an older version/ stock my commands are backwards. It has to be something with my ramps board itself? I will get with Marlin devs to see if they can help.