1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Show us your best Robo 3d print

Discussion in 'Projects' started by John Rygg, Oct 27, 2013.

1. KTMDirtFace

KTMDirtFace Well-Known Member

Probably depends on the scanner, we have one at work that is ridiculous...but yes the artists at work do have to post process the scan, but its pretty amazing what the high end scanners can do. ..the thing is I think it was like 20 grand and I think that was on the budget side of scanners...so not feasible for normal people.

mark tomlinson likes this.
  2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

My comments were totally directed at the 'consumer' models. Even though the professional ones need a lot of cleanup they do a better job of generating usable 3D models.

I look at it this way... if you are going to scan and spend time cleaning up and making a model usable if the time spent doing that is less than the time you would have spent doing it from scratch then it is a win.

If you can't do the modeling/cleanup then getting a scanner is pointless because they don't generate a directly usable scan (not yet).

I have a Matter & Form scanner we bought (dirt cheap really). We never use it much for those very reasons. It is generally quicker to just CAD up the model directly.

Geof likes this.
  3. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

I had and sold 2 scanners. Awesome idea....to much work for me. Id have to agree...any scanner that I can afford just wont do the job as I'd like it to

4. Stephan

Stephan New Member

Spirula.JPG These two speakers are made of wooden filament called "timberfill". The design is from www.akemake.com. The fullrange drivers are from Tang Band: W4-1052SDE

5. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

6. Stephan

Stephan New Member

7. Harry

Harry Team ROBO 3D
    Staff Member

Did you have to scale the model down to get it to fit on your ROBO? If so how did the drivers fit? Thank you for the great print!

Geof likes this.
  8. Stephan

Stephan New Member

Hi Harry, thank you. No, I only had to rotate it in the z-axis for some degrees to fit the x-axis. But I modded my print bed to have a little bit more space for the y-axis: 290mm, my x-axis is 215mm. You could also scale down the model to fit for a 3' driver? I unfortunately don't know the exact build volume for the original unmodded Robo printer.

Harry likes this.
  9. Gabriel Moore

Gabriel Moore Member

Fusion 360 modeled V: The Final Battle pistol for halloween costume 2017. In the process of making a 2.0 version with hollow body to fit electronics into it for sound effects and lights..

Attached Files:

Rigmarol likes this.
  10. Mike Toole

Mike Toole Member

WP_20170518_003.jpg A part I print for work. 1/4 section at a time. 4.86" tall. Low quality 10% infill. PLA

11. Pilsnerboy

Pilsnerboy New Member

Stunning work, Stephan!

12. John in MS

John in MS Active Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

It took a lot of sanding painting and gluing but this its s 3D printed sixth scale Spock science station in found on 3d warehouse. No I didn't do Spock he's from QMX

13. Jerry Normandin

piper-pawnee-fuse-800x600.jpg I just finished my Piper Pawnee fuselage. Hopefully the airplane will be ready to fly by April 2018.

Geof, John in MS and WheresWaldo like this.
  14. maxsmith

maxsmith New Member