1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Considering buying a ROBO 3D R1+

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by latreides, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

As someone that has many many more machines then the average user or maker community...i have 2 robos. Both in production 24/7. No issues with service or warranty with robo. Your struggle is a sad story and upsetting but people with no issues dont post in the troubleshooting. :D not having all the facts sinks the biggest ship my friend.

WheresWaldo and mark tomlinson like this.
  2. KTMDirtFace

KTMDirtFace Well-Known Member

Wrong hobby, they all require tweaking and troubleshooting regardless of the brand.

What printer do you have now?

mark tomlinson likes this.
  3. Mike Toole

Mike Toole Member

I am a brand new 3d printer guy with a week old R1+. Out of the box, followed the instructions and some of my nephew's recommendations and this thing has printed non stop for a week. Printing both max large and small pieces we use for work to make castings.
    Cleaning the bed completely and regularly. I wipe with alcohol only for small Hatchbox PLA parts and add glue stick for the large pieces.
    I admit that I am brand new to this 3D printing world. But I have to give credit where it is due and this machine that I received from Amazon has performed amazingly right out of the box.

Sorry.

Geof likes this.
  4. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dont be sorry ! Its great to hear positive experiences. There is a tendancy for negative due to issues (expected in a forum you go for help when having issues) its great to hear your enjoying it

Mike Toole likes this.
  5. Folk Hero

Folk Hero Member

I like mine so far. I've only had a couple of ID10T errors. Of course I only bought mine to back up my Tarantula. It's my workhorse.

Tim

Geof likes this.
  6. nytcrawlr

nytcrawlr New Member

I bought a refurb R1+ direct from Robo in October and it is rock solid, in fact I rarely use anything additional on the heated bed and I don't normally have bed adhesion issues either.

Most problems I've had actually were related to filament. PLA is not created equally, even different colors from the same brand can behave quite differently and you will see improvement when tweaking settings. Also, moisture can affect PLA, and different brands seem to absorb more or less than others. For example, I have Hatchbox filament that if left out for about a month, I need to dry it out to get consistent prints from it again, but my eSun PLA has been out and exposed to the air for over 6 months and it does not appear to be affected.

Mike Toole, mark tomlinson and Geof like this.