1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Just ordered R2 When and What....

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by aaronwstone, May 28, 2017.

1. aaronwstone

aaronwstone New Member

I'm sure in late to the party BUT just wondering what a realistic ship date will be for folks who just ordered the R2?

Ive never done anything with 3D printing and know zero about it all really.. Where should I start researching and what do I need to spend time learning before this machine gets here?

2. m4r1n5

m4r1n5 Member

Youtube has good videos on the R2 and R2+. This forum is always a good place to learn about the printer too. Happy reading

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

aaronwstone likes this.
  3. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

@m4r1n5
    You mean R1 and R1+ since there aren't any videos currently about the R2, and there isn't an R2+.

Geof and m4r1n5 like this.
  4. m4r1n5

m4r1n5 Member

@WheresWaldo. Texting on the Fly and wasn't even thinking . since I only have the R1 plus and look at the R1 side of the Forum I haven't really looked at the R2. Thanks for the assist!

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

5. WheresWaldo

Staff Member

@aaronwstone You will need to wait until some of the Kickstarter backers get their R2 printers, then you will see a bunch of posts both good and bad about the printer you just bought.

Geof likes this.
  6. aaronwstone

aaronwstone New Member

Im just hoping I didn't make a mistake buying this machine. I thought they were further along than they are.

7. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Well, they are built and shipping now at least :)

Geof likes this.
  8. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

On a live stream this weekend they were at the Microsoft Store in San Diego area and said all Kickstarter units were shipped. They also announced a $100 off both the C2 and R2 units when bought through the Microsoft online store. I asked about review units and they said they did send out review units but wouldn't say who they sent them to. They also said it is "fully open source. everything is open source." We know their definition of open source lately so I am not holding my breath that we will get what other true open source companies provide to the community.

BTW, maybe this thread should be moved to under the general questions section for C2/R2 to avoid confusion.

9. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Yep, great idea -- moved.

10. WheresWaldo

Staff Member

I am skeptical of the OS claim also, although they do have most of the firmware and bits and pieces on GITHUB now. Just you need to be a programmer to figure out how they put all the pieces together, and when you find out just what they did to mash everything together you realize that it was like college dorm dwellers cooking pasta, just throw it on the wall to see if it sticks.

Geof and danzca6 like this.