1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved black plastic under the bed is bowed

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by joejoe8u, May 26, 2017.

1. joejoe8u

joejoe8u New Member

under the building plate where the black plastic piece where every thing is screwed into is bowed out and makes the guide rods and led screw come closer at the top then the bottom. i also think this is the reason my bed leveling isn't working properly. when i put my x carriage on i have to force the lead screws into place because they are so off centered. i don't know how i would go about fixing this or how i would get a new one.

2. John Hartsough

John Hartsough New Member

I replaced the black plastic with a piece of oak wood. I previously entered a post on this.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

3. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

If you want an easy fix call robo and request a new one, another option would be to have a machine shop make you one. The plywood is a 3rd option (I dont necessarily like it, but I've seen many members do it), 4th option would be to "shim" under the bow with a piece of steel or something to shim it level

danzca6 likes this.
  4. daniel871

daniel871 Well-Known Member

I like this option myself:

Replacement Acrylic Middle Plate Black

Here is a photo [​IMG] of the actual setup that the linked post above contains a drawing of.

Get that drawing, then get a quote from a local metal shop.

5. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

I bought a piece of aluminum the same size as that base plastic piece. If you have a drill press at home, you could make the hole pattern needed to replace it with aluminum.

mark tomlinson, WheresWaldo and Geof like this.