1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Answered New extruder needed

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by trimomof2, Jun 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trimomof2

trimomof2 New Member

I've seen a few people who have used different extruders. This is all new to me. I need a new on from my R1. Would like a littler better. I had difficulty with the extruder it comes with.

Looking for recommendations. Don't want to spend too much.

Thanks.

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi there,
    I perfer the promethius V2 or the E3D V6 hotends. I like that they are both servicable hotends and not throw aways like the hexagon is. Good performance, just depends on what your needs are ?

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

The original Hexagon can also be replaced with another Hexagon (which you can get from Amazon or another retailer).
    I agree with @Geof that if you want to upgrade to a better one those are your first choices.

4. trimomof2

trimomof2 New Member

Do you suggest an upgrade?

5. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Your the only one that can make that decision :D. We wouldn't want to spend your money for you. If you need a serviceable hotend, or want one of better quality I'd suggest an upgrade to one of those listed above. If you want it to run again with no work (drop in replacement) and dont need anything extra out of the hotend id' suggest keeping the hexagon style hotends :D. Read up on how the forum posts for each upgrade and see if thats something you want to do (or can do).

If you want us to direct you as to which hotend to upgrade to (if you decide to upgrade) let us know what your wanting to print (materials) and we can help direct.

6. Dylan Zilifian

Dylan Zilifian New Member

I would recommend finding one from E3D. If its the hotend you are looking for, then I would recommend getting something along the line of a V6. If you have no problems with your hotend now, than you might want to just get a new nozzle for more detailed prints.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.