1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Community Favorite Mike Kelly's RoBo3D Enclosure

Discussion in 'Mods and Upgrades' started by Mike Kelly, Jun 21, 2014.

1. Lee

Lee Member

Hi Todd,
    What I did with mine was to do the acrylic and then put foam board on the inside and glued aluminum foil to it. This was so it would hold more heat inside. You might think about adding aluminum foil to the inside.

Lee

2. Todd Wessendorf

Todd Wessendorf Active Member

I can get those to you this evening, no problem.

Todd

3. bamhm182

bamhm182 Active Member

For those looking to screw together their enclosure, this is something I've been thinking about for a while. I have way too many projects that have been pushed to the back of my mind for far too long (i.e., the MPCNC I have "been building" for the past year and a half) and this is one of them. I whipped up some quick brackets this weekend that go on the corners of the enclosure. Might need to use scotch tape to cover the seams, but I'm thinking it should work. Got 20 minutes to spare right now and all the brackets printed. I'll go drill the holes and see how it fits together. Pictures will most likely come tomorrow. If it works, STLs will follow.

EDIT: Turns out I'm bad at drilling holes for this type of application. On the plus side, the brackets are 3D printed! I'm just going to have to have a handful of brackets that are different by a fraction of a millimeter here and a fraction of a millimeter there. I only completely screwed up 2 holes and I'm not entirely sure how I did that. Also, as a word to the wise for anyone who wants to try something similar, do not start with a drillbit that is the size you need. Start with the smallest drillbit you have and work your way up one by one until you reach the drillbit you need. Failing to do this will most likely crack your plastic.

Anyway, spent longer than I should have (60 minutes when I had 20) and got the primary brackets for one side of the enclosure complete.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I'm thinking that it probably would have been a better idea to put the holes further away from the edges. Doing so would allow me to use longer screws, meaning I could put something to spread the tension, like a washer or even a 3d printed part that is similar to the outside. I may end up doing this for the other side. Thoughts so far?

#143 bamhm182, Jun 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
    Geof likes this.
  4. Avrution

Avrution Member

Wanted to thank @Todd Wessendorf for his foam board idea.
    Due to my camera mount I had to make mine super long up front, so no telling if it will even help.
    It was a fun little project though for under $10

Attached Files:

Todd Wessendorf likes this.
  5. Todd Wessendorf

Todd Wessendorf Active Member

Looks great! Well done!

6. Angel C

Angel C New Member

So guys I got my kit from printedsolid along with a e3dv6 and will start install tomorrow. I’ll post my progress wish me luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mark tomlinson likes this.
  7. Angel C

Angel C New Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

So I able to finish my enclosure in a day but had few problem along the way but I guess that happen with all project you take on over all I’m happy on the way it came out next project is to put the v6 on as I would like to try different material out

Dirtshark19 and mark tomlinson like this.