1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

R2 ship backlog

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Mike Toole, May 31, 2017.

1. Mike Toole

Mike Toole Member

my work just ordered an T2 last Wednesday. Any idea about the shipment backlog?

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

You mean R2? My understanding is the kickstarter units already shipped. I have no clue (and neither does anyone else on the forum) about leadtimes. We dont work for Robo, were just a user forum that they host for us :D . I'd suggest calling Robo 3D directly (dont email) and they should be able to advise when your unit will ship.

3. supercazzola

supercazzola Active Member

I saw on Twitter that there were a few hundred R2s ordered when it was kickstarter. I bet it takes them a couple of weeks to get all of those out. And then you have to wait for your place in line for the pre-orders.

4. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

its my understanding that ALL the kickstarter machines have been shipped and they have "some" stock

5. Kilrah

Kilrah Well-Known Member

Definitely not, mine is not on the way yet (backer #495). Someone got #1 a couple of days ago and they said it would take them about 2 weeks to ship all the KS out.

#5 Kilrah, Jun 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
    Geof likes this.
  6. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Ah gotya! Thanks for clearing that up. Hope you recieve your machine soon!

7. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

@Kilrah, everyone that got their printer got box number 1. I am certain that the #1 refers to Box 1 of 1.

Geof likes this.
  8. Kilrah

Kilrah Well-Known Member

Hah :p Well that's some hope it goes a bit faster than 1 per day ;)

Hard to say where in the queue we are since backer numbers are common for both C2 and R2...

Can't wait especially after seeing people's first prints, will hurt not to be able to use it for the job I have to deliver next week. Not feeling like using the old turd again... but it proves it was a good idea to keep it until the R2 was really in my hands and tested.

#8 Kilrah, Jun 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
  9. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

I think @WheresWaldo meant the packaging on the outside is labeled box 1 and the packaging on the inside would be "other one" for shipping dept. :D

might not be a bad idea to keep the "ole turd" lol. I still enjoy mine even in the ever growing army of equipment

10. Kilrah

Kilrah Well-Known Member

Nah it will have to go, I already barely can walk in the room anymore... I recently added a 4030 CNC to the lot, and things are getting tight... I'll already pretty much have to put the R2 on it, and move it away when I need the CNC :confused:

11. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

Shipping term to indicate that your package only includes one box and no other packaging, more for the shipping company than the end user. Your order is one box and here is box one of your one box shipment. Get it!

Geof likes this.
  12. Talanvor

Talanvor Member

I think they stated they airshipped all the kick starter units, so that would mean any pre-orders would be coming trans-pacific? Which I am just guestimating here (takes about a month for the ship to transit) if they get enough stock in the first shipment for all the pre-orders then it would probably be another couple of weeks for those shipments to start.

13. jwmueller

jwmueller Active Member

They forgot to ship mine as I had talked to them about cancelling my order but never did. So they cancelled my place for shipping somewhere on their end, had I not called I would have been waiting for a really long time... Since I was backer #49 I was starting to wonder why numbers all over the place where posting pictures and such. LOL Glad I called to ask.

Geof likes this.
  14. Kilrah

Kilrah Well-Known Member

Did anyone with an international order get anything yet?
    I got a notification yesterday of a DHL parcel from China sent by a "Honfujin Electronica" scheduled for delivery on Monday, and I don't think I expect anything else than the R2 at this point in time... No info from Robo.

Hoping it's it.

15. sgomes

sgomes Active Member

I'm in the UK, and I just got the same notice yesterday! If you open up the link in the message, you'll see the "Receiver" is Robo 3D Inc.

I'll be getting mine on Monday, according to the estimate. Fingers crossed it arrives in good condition!

16. Kilrah

Kilrah Well-Known Member

Oh yes, the text message link shows that indeed, it's a bit hidden though! Was looking at the normal tracking page and that had no info.
    Awesome!

17. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

I would call Robo HQ and ask for tracking info :D

Kilrah likes this.
  18. Kilrah

Kilrah Well-Known Member

Was supposed to arrive on Monday but it somehow got stuck for 2 days in Germany :mad:

Should finally be there tomorrow.
    It might be a good thing since I was very busy these 2 days and would have had a hard time refraining myself from playing with it, but still dying with anticipation...

19. sgomes

sgomes Active Member

Mine arrived today! :)

Still putting it together, but the door was scratched on the inside, like many people have complained. There's also a part from the hotend/extruder that seems to have come loose (attached below). Still trying to figure out how to correctly put it in place.

Attached Files:

20. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

That goes on the shaft in the center of the extruder where the filament feeds through.
    There is a stepper motor and that goes on the shaft of the stepper to push the filament along...

(and if you need more help open a new thread and we can assist)