1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Upgraded to E3D V6 and filament is clumping

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Doug1289, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Doug1289

Doug1289 New Member

So i have had the Robo 3D R1+ for a little over a year and has worked great. It has gotten jammed a couple times and i had to break it down and pull out some clogged material. This time i broke one of the wires on the printhead so i decided it would be a good time to update the head. I went with the e3d v6 as i have seen so many others do. Install went good, it comes up to temp. I used a IR Thermometer to check.

So i start a design and all the material seems to clump up around the printhead. I am thinking one of 2 things, but i am also new to this so i could be totally wrong.

1) The size of the head is too small from the factory head.
    2) I need to adjust a setting because it may look like the head is dragging the glass.

I guess there may be a third option. I pulled out the filament and it seemed to be melted inside the plastic tube in the hotend. So i dont know if it is melting in there and jamming.

Im looking for any help. Below is the HotEnd that i ordered and installed.

2. Patrick Ryan

Patrick Ryan Member

Did you order it from a licensed e3d dealer?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

3. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Not much information and no pictures ;) Sounds like your z offset needs adjusted

mark tomlinson likes this.
  4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Not even your link came through so no details on which one you used.
    I agree that Z offset is a likely issue, but make sure the fan attached to the side of the E3D is working or you are going to never get it going...

Geof likes this.
  5. Doug1289

Doug1289 New Member

Ok sorry for my lack of detail. when i put the like to the product in it said the post had elements that made it look like SPAM and wouldnt let me post it. I guess it was the heating coil. For some reason it wasnt getting enough voltage. I pulled the part out and swapped it with the original robo 3d coil and it works now. The company is sending me a new coil. I kind of jumped to conclusions without doing the testing. Thanks for the input, in the future i will post more detail.

Geof likes this.