1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Bugfix-1.1.x, new files for the R1 and variants

Discussion in 'Mods and Upgrades' started by WheresWaldo, May 8, 2017.

1. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

With great reluctance I am creating a set of files that contain the bug fixes for Marlin 1.1.0 Release. Without recursion testing there ended up being a lot of broken or not working as expected functions within Marlin. I am not planning a schedule or maintaining multiple sets of files for this, It will be configured for MESH and the R1+PLUS only. I will try to make it easy to modify the files if you have another version of the R1.

I am hoping this is a temporary thread and that in the very near future the contributors will be done mucking up the code for the 1.1.0 Release.

Attached Files:

#1 WheresWaldo, May 8, 2017
    Last edited: May 8, 2017
    m4r1n5 and Geof like this.
  2. WheresWaldo

Staff Member

All modified lines in Configuration.h have --BH added to the comments, existing comments at the end and new comments at the beginning.

That should make it easier to find locations that need changing for those that want to modify the files for a different variant of the R1.

Robert55 and m4r1n5 like this.
  3. WheresWaldo

Staff Member

For anyone with a R1+PLUS that wants to play with UBL.

I have not tested this myself nor do I have any interest in testing this. May be broken but a complete UBL menu structure has been added to this snapshot.

Attached Files:

Geof likes this.
  4. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

I spent alot of time testing it on the Gmax and talking with Gcreate about it and it seemed like Roxy was still working at fixing it. Both Gcreate and I had nothing but issues trying to get it leveled out. It was darn hard to the point that I do think that its currently non functioning (at least with the Gmax set up/Bl Touch).

5. WheresWaldo

Staff Member

@Geof This is almost exactly what I have been trying to tell Roxy, that U.B.L. in it's current form is unusable. It is just too difficult to configure and almost impossible to edit the resulting mesh. I can't seem to get her to see the disconnect. I am pretty sure she looks at this as a programmer and not an enduser. She also says that creating and then editing a mesh only takes a few minutes. Maybe for her but it is simply not enduser friendly. It is so far from easy that I still don't recommend anyone use UBL and hope that someone steps back and does not allow this to supplant all other leveling methods.

6. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Supposedly Roxy and Gcreate are working very close on sorting it. Gcreate is probing like 60x across that massive bed so trying to test it for them was just rediculous and I couldn't for the life of me fix the plane. Its so nonfunctional that they are currently using Bilinear for the new Gmax that is coming in august. I'm assuming Roxy is going to try her best to fix that prior to then, but judging by the rediculous amount of time I spend just trying to be ready to START a print lol, its not going to happen. Awesome idea, and maybe I'm totally wrong but if gcreate cant, i cant and you cant...and really I dont think Roxy can on her gmax lol I just dont see it happening with this release or near future bug fix

7. WheresWaldo

Staff Member

I think MESH could work since it is a manual process, but there is no scaling with MESH, you are stuck with a max of 49 probe points, which is overkill on an R1 but totally insufficient on something with as big a bed as the gMax.

This is also why I don't usually include a set of R1 files with UBL enabled. It just doesn't work.

Geof likes this.
  8. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

yea that is the downside. I'd love to see them just make mesh scalable. I think mesh is a huge bonus to bilinear and works so well that really....I dont much care about the UBL lol other than I like to play you know what I mean? Would be nice to see them work more with the Mesh vs what appears like ditch it and focus on UBL

9. WheresWaldo

Staff Member

Maybe all the devs are House Republicans.
    [​IMG]

mark tomlinson and Geof like this.
  10. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

LOL! I think your spot on my friend.

11. WheresWaldo

Staff Member

Okay, as much as I hate this, the result of botching the release of Marlin 1.1.0 and the continued insistence of adding new untested code instead of just fixing the issues they created I am forced to look at the Bugfix code. No description but the filenames should be sufficient to decide which one to use.

Attached Files:

12. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

They have a management by anarchy scheme going. Thanks :)

Sean Carson likes this.
  13. Sean Carson

Sean Carson Member

skip to 38 seconds. I can't get the embed to do it for me.

mark tomlinson likes this.
  14. anngeelow81

anngeelow81 Member

Thank you Waldo for the hard work.

Sean Carson likes this.
  15. anngeelow81

anngeelow81 Member

anyone else having issues with a checksum error after issuing a M501 just after a M500. It constantly kicks out my value change and goes back to defaults. only work around is issuing a M503

16. Sean Carson

Sean Carson Member

I had that issue. I never found a fix. I bounced around to other firmwares a ended up building off one of Waldo’s previous sets.

17. WheresWaldo

Staff Member

I am still monitoring Marlin, kind of waiting on 1.1.4 since it has been promised. In typical Marlin developer fashion they are still adding new untested code instead of just fixing what is there.

18. anngeelow81

anngeelow81 Member

It's getting quite annoying. SmoothieWare has been looking a lot more interesting, or PiPrint....

19. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Any of them (even repetier firmware) will probably work, just understand you will be on your own getting it going since few (i.e. none) of the other users are on that configuration.

Repetier firmware is very similar to marlin and might be an easy thing to try.

anngeelow81 likes this.
  20. Sean Carson

Sean Carson Member

Repititer works well on the robo. There is also aprinter.