1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Robo R1+ not responsive after chimera upgrade

Discussion in 'Mods and Upgrades' started by Sir_Kibble, May 28, 2017.

1. Sir_Kibble

Sir_Kibble New Member

Howdy! I've been following the Chimera Upgrade Guide (WIP)(can't link due to spam filter) but sorta had to wing it towards the end. Everything is back together, connections are good according to the multi-meter, and I've updated the firmware, changing the motherboard number from 33 to 34 to reflect the change and changed the fan pins to 6 as per fan extender instructions, and updated the number of extruders and offsets.

I've gotten it all back together and looking at the terminal output, it's receiving commands and responds okay, but nothing moves or happens(unplugged the buildplate so it wouldn't overheat). Any and all help appreciated!

Thanks,

Dave

2. BenMac

BenMac Member

Hmm, I am currently working on that upgrade right now. I followed the guide here for converting the R1+ board over to a standard RAMPS board. I also followed the coding guide religiously. Mine seems to be moving just fine. What slicer are you using? Which firmware did you use? Is it making absolutely no sounds when you tell it to move?