1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

R2 Unresponsive

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Crazy FIRST, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Crazy FIRST

Crazy FIRST New Member

After turning on my robo R2 on today the screen went unresponsive after a short time of use. I started by trying to restart my machine but I was unable to connect to it via Octoprint or via the robo app, so I shut off the machine with the power switch on the back. After turning it back on the same thing happened again so i checked the trouble shooting page and followed the directions for an unresponsive screen, but it did not fix the issue.

dose anyone have any ideas on what the problem is?

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

You need to call Robo support and set up a time to talk with a tier-2 tech.
    There is something wrong there. It may be as simple as reburning a fresh image for the RoboOS on the Pi, but they need to provide that image for you.

Geof likes this.
  3. Crazy FIRST

Crazy FIRST New Member

Ok thank you ill set up the appointment

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

We have been pushing them to make that image available so you can ask support about it, but so far... they appear to not have a clue how to do that. @Jerry RoBo 3D has been looking into it.

5. Todd Wessendorf

Todd Wessendorf Active Member

Mine was in the same boat. Unresponsive. Couldn't use it. Opened a ticket with support on June 30th. I already had a backup of my MicroSD card, so I reverted to that, and was fine, but wanted to open the ticket to at least report the issue.

They sent me a link to a new ZIP file to replace the OS on my MicroSD yesterday. A bit long, but nice to have that ZIP file.

WheresWaldo and mark tomlinson like this.
  6. OutsourcedGuru

OutsourcedGuru Active Member

In a case like this, it might be worth powering off the printer, twisting that center Z-changing rod to move the bed out of the way, opening up that trapdoor and then turning the printer back on.

Looking into the bottom of the printer, you could look for any lights. Power comes into the back-right corner where the RAMPS board is (marked with Robo). Power gets distributed over to the Raspberry Pi 3 board on the left-hand side of the printer; there should be two embedded LEDs on the board itself. One LED indicates power and one indicates activity. If it were me, I would like to know if I was getting any power to that board. Is the activity light blinking? (This would suggest that it's something to do with the LCD screen connectivity.)

The wi-fi won't work yet in a scenario like this but if there is activity on that Raspi LED then it might be worth plugging in an ethernet cable and watching for an activity light on your ethernet switch showing that it's linked in or not.

Armed with all this knowledge (power to the RAMPS board, power to the Raspi, activity on the Raspi, activity on the ethernet NIC) would give you more to tell the Robo support person.