1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Z-Wobble/Bent Rod?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Redriche, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Redriche

Redriche Member

OK so I just got my R2 yesterday and the hinge in the bottom of the door is broken. When I printed benchy from the file provided so not sure about the speed settings or anything I get the results of this? What do you guys think? Bent rod?[​IMG] IMG_1862.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Kilrah

Kilrah Well-Known Member

Looks like it. For it to be that much it should be very visible when it's travelling all the way to home etc.

3. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

I've seen this on another R2 recently. I'd suggest calling Robo and speaking with tier 2 tech support and having them look at whats going on so you can get a new unit quickly.

4. Redriche

Redriche Member

Yea I can see the rod is wobbling. Noticed it wasn't attached so thought maybe it was just moving because of that. I'm not at home but can post more pics and a vid later tonight.

5. Redriche

Redriche Member

You really think they'll send a while new unit? Or just replacement parts?

6. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

If it were me I'd tell them to replace the unit. The person I am aware of with that same issue is currently STILL working through getting it going (this was last month until now). Getting a part, trying it, shipping a new part etc etc it can be very time consuming.

mark tomlinson likes this.
  7. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

It is supposed to not be a user serviceable appliance. Ask for a replacement.

The parts you are looking at CAN be done with some effort, but that is not what you bought :)

Redriche, Geof and Ed Ferguson like this.
  8. Ed Ferguson

Ed Ferguson Active Member

Ouch! They need to stop cramming the inside of the printer full with power supply, filament, etc. when shipping, and go to a two-box shipping solution. It's a great printer IMHO, but sad so many get damaged in transit.

Redriche, Geof and mark tomlinson like this.
  9. OutsourcedGuru

OutsourcedGuru Active Member

Well, yes... but the problem in my humble opinion is the carriers who treat packages like they are footballs rather than delicate electronics.

https://www.google.com/#q=youtube+fedex+delivery+video&spf=1499888400694
    https://www.google.com/#q=youtube+ups+delivery+video&spf=1499888400697

Fortunately, I picked up my printer from a brick-and-mortar store who gets their product by the pallet-load. You don't get the same kind of shenanigans with a professional trucking company.

Redriche likes this.
  10. Kilrah

Kilrah Well-Known Member

They could cram the printer, but NOT by putting the stuff ON the bed which causes ridiculous efforts on it. Just raise the bed completely, and tie the crap to the bottom so that there's no effort on the bed.

They really went with the esthetics over everything else, and didn't even think that through half way (re door scratches).
    The packaging is absolutely perfect from a marketing point of view - but not from a practical one.

And it's kind of ironic that this perfect packaging that will definitely look good enough to trigger a sale when looking at it for a few minutes in a store based on the cleanliness leaves you with a scratched door you'll see every day for the life of the printer after you've thrown away the packaging when getting home.

I hate modern marketing.

#10 Kilrah, Jul 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
  11. Redriche

Redriche Member

Mine actually had plastic on the inside of the door too so no scratches, just broken hinge on the bottom

12. Warp Norman

Warp Norman Member

Yeah, I don't know why they thought loading stuff on top of the bed is a good idea. My Flashforge Creator Pro came with everything under the bed including two, kilogram spools.