1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Can't Find Files on USB Drive

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by aaronwstone, Jul 12, 2017.

1. aaronwstone

aaronwstone New Member

** I'VE NEVER USED A 3D PRINTER BEFORE **

OK, what could I be doing wrong? I use CURA to make the file, save it after its done slicing, and copy it into the the correct folder on the provided USB drive. Plug the USB drive into the printer and the only files I see are the pre-loaded files..

2. Kilrah

Kilrah Well-Known Member

You should see a "usb" folder appear in the list. Might need to change screen back and forth once or twice, or reinsert the drive.

3. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

I thought the USB stick only worked on power up? In other words if you turn off your robo and turn it back on with the usb stick inserted it should be there. Most are printing via the wifi interface (you'd love it and should try it)

4. JeffreyB

JeffreyB Member

You don't need to power down/up to re-read your flash drive. Insert your flash drive then go to Utilities/Options/Unmount USB. Even though is says "Unmount" this will re-read the file directory and remount the flash drive. DO NOT remove it like the screens says, just back out and go to the "Files" menu. Your USB folder will then show up under Files.

mark tomlinson and Geof like this.
  5. OutsourcedGuru

OutsourcedGuru Active Member

On the C2, I do this all the time. You do have to click the circular Refresh button, though. It will then refresh its directory information, you can drill into the folder and look for the files.

Caveat: At least with the C2, it does not understand revisioning of same filename. So you must manually rename your files by decorating them coolpart_v2.gcode, coolpart_v3.gcode, etc, each slicing iteration.