1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Anyone tried using Cura 2.6.0 ???

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by David Mrazik, Jul 14, 2017.

1. David Mrazik

David Mrazik New Member

The latest version of cura connects nicely to octoprint on the network, and makes slicing and sending print jobs easier. However, the Robo version of Cura prints a LOT better than any of the settings I've used with 2.6. I've exported my profiles from Robo Cura, and imported the settings into 2.6 and tried printing and it's either too slow, or not enough filament is being used. I've managed to get it close by tinkering with it for a few hours, but it's not as perfect as Robo Cura prints. Any ideas, tips, tricks, would be welcome!

-Dave

2. OutsourcedGuru

OutsourcedGuru Active Member

I haven't left my 2.3.1 version yet (fear, mostly) but would be interested to hear if supports are still welding to the part like in 2.5.

It would probably be good to see what's in the starting GCODE and to compare that with 2.3.1.

3. David Mrazik

David Mrazik New Member

Not that I've seen. I've only been using a test print, a ring. I noticed the raft would be fused to the ring sometimes, but that was either because I had the extrusion speed up too high, or another factor I toyed with.

4. OutsourcedGuru

David Mrazik likes this.
  5. David Mrazik

David Mrazik New Member

Nice find! I'm gonna check out his suggestions. Thanks for pointing me in a good direction!

6. OutsourcedGuru

And he may weigh in here since I bumped him in the mention.

7. Kilrah

Kilrah Well-Known Member

Cura 2.5 for Robo connects fine to Octoprint for me, I can "send to printer" and see webcam just fine...

Haven't particularly noticed problems with support, if anything it might be profile settings that changed, and I indeed tend to increase support distances a tad form what the profile says. 0.2 vertical and 0.8 horizontal instead of 0.1 and 0.7.

OutsourcedGuru likes this.
  8. OutsourcedGuru

With respect to Cura 2.3.1's vertical support distance, I will say that the extruder when it's printing the part above a support seems to be actually pushing the part down each pass. But in the end it seems to work out.