1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Can't feed/push filament through extruder

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by izumi5188, Jul 16, 2017.

1. izumi5188

izumi5188 Member

I had 2 failed prints in a row. Both the same job, failed at different times in the print.

I'm printing Gray PLA at 200 degrees.

I have an oiler.

Filament spool doesn't seem to be stuck, rotates freely.

I took just took apart the nozzle to clean.

I used to be able to heat to about 190 and push filament through. Now I can't seem to do that at any range from 180-230. I can't manually push anything through, without great force. Trying to feed it, gravity doesn't seem to be enough for it to keep extruding; it used to be.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. Kilrah

Kilrah Well-Known Member

Sounds like a clog, or a heater/temp sensor problem where it says it's at 200 but is actually colder..

3. izumi5188

izumi5188 Member

I think it would be strange to have a temp sensor problem all of a sudden. I just tried cleaning the nozzle, where else could the clog be do you think? Can it be above the heat block?

I have the stock extruder on the Robo R1+

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

It can be if you are victim of heat creep. That is where the heater block heat creeps up past the heat break because the fan ON the hotend is misbehaving.

5. izumi5188

izumi5188 Member

I don't know if it was heat creep. I took it all part and tried cleaning every piece of it. I never really saw a clog come out this second time around. After putting it back together, I gave it a good Oil Bath. I think I must not have been running it to dry from the oiler. After this seasoning, I seem to be printing again. Trying my 10 hour print now.

mark tomlinson likes this.