1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Door Scratches

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by supercazzola, Jul 27, 2017.

1. supercazzola

supercazzola Active Member

Anyone else seeing the print platform scratching the acrylic front door? It’s really frustrating me.[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Yes, read the forums and you will see other folks had this issue.
    Was due to the way they packaged some of the parts inside the printer... poor choice that.

3. supercazzola

Thanks for your post.
    Mine appears to be happening in front of my eyes during prints. I see shaved acrylic accumulating in the center of the aluminum part of the print bed. As if the door is too close or the print bed is too far out. One thing i noticed is when you look at the back of the print bed, the aluminum is shaved off along the back by the pogo PCB. I wonder if that (where there is no black paint along the horizontal edge) is causing the whole thing to lean forward.

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

You might want to call Robo and talk to a tier-2 tech. This sounds like something got wonky in shipment.

5. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

indeed. Thats the first I've heard of something like this and they will likely RMA the unit.

6. Ed Ferguson

Ed Ferguson Active Member

On my R2, with the bed all the way down, the gap between the front of the bed and the door is about the thickness of a penny (1.5 mm).

Does the bed have any play front to back? Should be ridged.

Also check if the door hinges and door latch are aligned and secured to the frame. It would be a lot easier to request a new door than to RMA the whole printer, especially if it is working well otherwise.

supercazzola likes this.
  7. supercazzola

Already did. Been in touch with Jerry. Waiting to hear back on resolution.

Geof and mark tomlinson like this.
  8. Todd Wessendorf

Todd Wessendorf Active Member

I got a brand new door because mine was scratched during shipping. Then started noticing these vertical scratches a few days later. These scratches are NOT from shipping. Something is scratching the inside of the door, and it can only be the bed. Not sure how it is happening exactly, but I have these same vertical scratches on my new (2nd) door.

supercazzola likes this.
  9. supercazzola

Look at where the aluminum bottom part of the bed tray is. There is a bend that looks about 45 degrees to make the lip. That is what is scratching up against my door. Either that is manufactured incorrectly, or the whole z-axis rod is skewed in such a way as to move the thing forward during raise / lowering right at the mid point of the door.