1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Import R2 profile into Cura

Discussion in 'Software' started by sterling baldwin, Jun 2, 2017.

1. sterling baldwin

sterling baldwin New Member

Im trying to import the slicing profile from the Robo3d github profile.

When I click import and select the profile, it does nothing. No error, no new profile. Anyone know whats going on here? Im using the latest Cura 2.5.

2. sterling baldwin

Also, if anyone knows the correct printer settings for the R2 that would be great. Not sure when they plan on releasing the info since I know they're busy trying to get all the units out to backers.

3. Kilrah

Kilrah Well-Known Member

Why don't you download the whole Cura for Robo package with everything preset correctly?

4. sterling baldwin

When I started the thread I was using the default Cura from their website, which for whatever reason was failing to load the robo profiles. Once I switched to the Cura for Robo version you guys made, everything worked fine.

On the other hand, when I when through your setup instructions on my mac laptop, I came across another issue. The setup instructions only list the printer info for the C2. I think the instructions are going to have to be updated to include the other printer sizes.

Attached Files:

mark tomlinson likes this.
  5. Kilrah

Kilrah Well-Known Member

The installer that's downloaded from the Robo site includes an R2 profile you can just select (even prompts you on first run), no need to make one manually.

6. sterling baldwin

That not true for the mac version, you have to add the printer settings and print profiles manually, but the install instructions only have the printer info for the c2.

https://robo3d.com/cura-for-mac/

7. Kilrah

Kilrah Well-Known Member

Ah, too bad... Windows here and had it in.

8. BLKFLD

BLKFLD New Member

anyway,

I have a Mac as well and there aren't any preloaded settings in that version, although both C2 and R2 setting are now posted on Robo's Cura for Mac page.

Having said all that even when you do plug in the printer info and profiles and materials it dumps the printer and material setting upon closing Cura, leading you to have to do every time you open Cura.

Anyone with information on Cura for Mac please chime in.

9. supercazzola

supercazzola Active Member

I'm on Mac - I think the reset is happening for me when there is some sort of update to Cura. That said, it has happened at least 4 times in as many weeks, and as you noticed, it is quite frustrating.
    For this and other reasons, I am now using Simplify 3d.
    -Kevin

mark tomlinson likes this.